Chapter 35

Jordyn's POV

Ethan dropped me off.

He walked over to my side of the car and opened it.

"Call me when you get there?"

"Yes." I got out of the car. He held my face and gave me a passionate kiss.

"I love you." he said.

"I love you too." I smiled.

He got back in his car and drove off.

I walked into the house to help carry stuff to the car.

"I'll see you in a few weeks okay?" I shut the trunk and hugged Hallie.

"Bye, dad." I hugged Oliver.

"I'll miss you so much."

"I'll miss you too."

"Bye, Dyl." I hugged him.

"I'll be FaceTiming you like every hour you're not in school."

"Mmmm. We'll see about that."

"Let's get on the road before we hit traffic." Taylor said.

"Bye, everyone. Thank you for your hospitality and watching me all these years."

"The honor is ours." Oliver said.

"I'll see you all soon." I got in the car.

"What's with the sweater? It's 79° out."

"Must you question everything?"

"Yes."

"Ethan gave it to me as a goodbye present."

"Ooooh." she dragged on.

Something else fell out of the sweater. It was one of my favorite pictures we've ever taken. We replicated the picture that my dad and I took. The picture that brought us together. I'm so lucky I have a manz like him. When did any of my previous exes ever?

"How'd you survive without us? Omigod."

"Well, I left for like three days and came back for your graduation."

"Yeah and I thought you were gonna stay there and settle in for a bit. You know, get a feel of the vibes."

"I wouldn't miss you and Dylan graduating. That's a big moment in life. An ultimate achievement. You two have come a long way."

"Thanks, Tay."

"Can we get some food? I'm starving."

"Thank god you asked." I exhaled. "I mean, I ate while I was with Ethan earlier, but ya girl's got an appetite."

"Are you being serious right now?"

I nodded.

She rolled her eyes, "So where should we eat?"

"Let's just stop by Subway. Eat fresh."

"Ha! You're funny. It's my cheat day."

"You're the driver, I'm down for whatever."

We ended up going to the nearest Starbucks to get a quick snack.

Ethan's POV

"So did you do it? Did you ask her?" Grayson asked.

"Yeah."

"And she said..."

"Yes."

"I'm happy for you bro."

"When are you getting cuffed? You're always so lonely in this house when everyone's gone."

"You're not wrong. I just don't feel like I should be in a relationship right now."

"You can't be a hermit all your life. Why don't you hang with our old friends?"

"Because... how do I word this... they're fake. But now that Jordyn's gonna be away, you can hang out with me again!" he threw his hands up.

"I'm moving to Europe."

"Okay rude. I'm gonna go nap now. Your energy is bad for the baby."

"What baby– have fun."

"Don't tell me what to do."

Jordyn's POV

"Do you think I made a mistake in leaving?" I asked her.

"What do you mean?"

"As in like, did I make a mistake in leaving everything and everyone behind?"

"You're over here telling everyone not to be a Debbie Downer and stuff and now you're being a Debbie Downer?"

"I had to make sure people wouldn't be too emo I'm leaving."

"From my perspective, you're doing something you like. You're pursuing your passion and that's great. You shouldn't be questioning whether or not it was right that you left. Especially after everything you've been through, you deserve this. New school, fresh start."

"You're not wrong."

"So quit being sad. You'll be back soon."

I've grown up here. All the ups and downs. My childhood memories were made here. The fact that I'm leaving just feels so weird.

But it's only the beginning of a new chapter in my life. And I'm excited to see what it has in store for me.