Chapter 11

Ethan's POV

After hearing about her father's death, I felt so bad. Losing someone you hold so close to your heart based off of other people's selfish reasons or actions. Like bro, be considerate of other people. They have family to go home to. They have a family to take care of and whatnot. How do you live with yourself now knowing that you killed someone? That his or her family lost someone in their life.

We talked more about our lives. I left out the part about my dad's illness. I didn't wanna make it seem like I was trying to throw a pity party for myself.

The bell rang from the middle school and kids started running through the fences and into the park.

"Guess it's our cue to leave." Jordyn hopped off the swing.

"I'll see you tomorrow at school then?"

"Of course." she smiled and walked away.

Jordyn's POV

"Yo Daniels." someone called me.

The moment I turned around, someone clotheslined me. I hit the ground. Hard. A few seconds later I felt my body being kicked. It hurt everywhere.

"We told you to stay away from him." Maia said. They hired some minions who take self defense.

"And this is just your warning. Come close to him again, and it's going to be 10x worse." Madison knelt down to me.

I started blacking out. And a few seconds later, everything was dark.

"Jordyn." someone was shaking me. "Jordyn." It was Dylan.

I groaned, "how'd you know I was here?"

"You said you'd be here and that you'd text me. I figured your date would be over by now."

I rubbed my head.

"Who did this to you?"

"The twins."

"Ethan and Grayson?"

"What the. No. I'm talking about Maia and Madison. Ethan and I had just said our goodbyes. Then someone called my name, I turned around. And here we are." I tried to get onto my feet, "fuck my legs hurt. I can't do this." I sat back down.

"I'm taking you back to my place."

"Dylan, it's–"

"You're going to be safer there. Come on."

"My car."

"I'll take my sister to come pick it up later."

He picked me up bridal style and brought me to his car. He drove me back to his house and I was wincing in pain every step of the way. We got out and I threw one arm over his shoulder.

"Oh my god. Jordyn." Taylor, his sister, walked out of her room. "What happened?"

"Her sisters happened." Dylan replied.

"Step-sisters." I corrected him.

"Just stay here the rest of the night. You don't have to go back home. You can borrow some of my clothes."

"It's fine. I'm fine." I said.

"Jordyn. You can barely walk on your own. You're not okay." Dylan said.

"It's not safe for you to go back there."

"Taylor, I'm fine." I grunted as I stood up, "see? Perfectly fine."

"Try to take a step then."

I stared at her.

"Exactly." she helped me sit down, yet again. "I'm going to get some ice packs for you. Just chill here okay?"

"Do I have any other choice?"

"No, not really." she shook her head and walked away.

Dylan sat down next to me, "why would they do this to you?"

"Because I've been hanging out with Ethan and he isn't interested in them and would rather hang out with me than them."

He leaned me into him, "we're going to stop them. I don't know how, but I'm gonna do whatever it takes to help you."

"Dylan, you really don't have to."

"It's my job. As your friend, I have to do it."

I think it's more of the fact that my dad asked his family to take care of me prior to his death. Or maybe he just genuinely wants to take care of me because he's my best friend.

I was slowly falling asleep.

Dylan's POV

Her breathing slowed down. I looked down at her and she was asleep.

"I brought the ice packs." Taylor walked back into the room.

"Shh." I put my finger to my lip.

"Have you told her yet?"

Jordyn's POV

I wasn't completely asleep yet when Taylor walked back into the room.

"Have you told her yet?"

Told me what...?

"I can't. Not right now. She's got a thing going with Ethan right now. I don't wanna jeopardize that because of my own feelings. I don't wanna ruin our friendship because of my feelings towards her. Right now isn't the right timing."

He has feelings for me? Dylan... why didn't you tell me sooner...?

I just feel so conflicted right now. I don't know what to do. I don't know how to feel. I had feelings for Dylan at one point in my life. If I had known he had feelings for me too, we probably wouldn't be in the situation we're in right now. I just thought that he deserved better than me. I also didn't wanna ruin our friendship, we've come so far, we've become so close. I don't wanna lose it.