Chapter 19

Ethan's POV

The next day, Jordyn came running towards me.

"Slow down there speedster." I chuckled.

"I have news to tell you." she said excitedly.

"Should I brace myself?"

"I don't know. I was shooketh when I got this news."

I took a deep breath in, "okay. I'm ready."

"So you remember how I told you I auditioned for that dance academy?"

"Yes."

"THEY SENT ME A LETTER AND I JUST GOT ACCEPTED."

"NO WAY."

"YEAH." she smiled.

"I'm so happy for you."

"Thank you."

"I'm not going to gov today for family matters."

"Okay, I hope all is well."

Jordyn's POV

I opened my locker and a rose flew out of it, and attached to it was a note.

Dinner tonight. It'd be nice if you could get dropped off at my house versus me picking you up. Why? I don't know, just switching it up a bit. But get here around 6ish. :) -E

He just said he had family matters to deal with... do I even go? I shook my head and threw the note in my bag.

Once I got home, I started getting ready for my little date with Ethan. I'm so excited.

"Dyl, I'm ready."

"Coming." he ran down the stairs.

It was a short drive there. Ethan didn't live too far but it wasn't too close either, walking distance at least.

"You need me to go in with you?"

"I'm not six." I chuckled, "but I'll call you if anything okay?"

"Have fun. Make good choices. Use protection."

"Oh my god bye." I got out of the car and walked towards the house.

I saw the kitchen from the driveway and my stepsisters were in there with Ethan. She was wearing one of his tshirts. I'm confused. I didn't wanna think the worst but I did anyway. I stood in his driveway, dumbfounded, for a good five minutes trying to process all of this.

I dropped the rose and ran off. I didn't wanna stay there and watch him be with my stepsisters. I feel so betrayed. He may not be a jock, but he's pretty popular. I should've known. I should've had this coming.

I got into the house and I was crying.

"Whoa whoa whoa. Is everything okay? Are you alright? Why didn't you call me?" Dylan walked over to me.

"No." I rested my head on his chest. He stroked my hair and we sat down.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

"I saw him through the kitchen window. My sister was wearing one of his tshirts. And it was evident that it was his because I've seen him wearing it so many times."

"Jordyn..." he held me closer.

"I shouldn't have gone to that dance. We could've avoided all of this." my voice was trembling.

"I'll be back." he got up.

"Dylan. Please don't." I knew what he was gonna do. He was gonna go over to Ethan's and tell him off.

He gave me a sympathetic look and sighed.

The doorbell rang so Dylan excused himself and went to answer it. So I took this small amount of time to talk to my dad. It's been a while.

"Baba. I wish you were here. To give me advice and be that typical, protective dad, like in the movies, and say something like 'I'm going to hurt him if he hurts you' before a date or something along those lines." I chuckled. "I wish you were here with me in general. I thought he was different you know? I was hoping he would be. He seemed so genuine and ugh. I don't know. I think just with my past relationships, I was hoping this was going to be a longer lasting one than the rest. Now I got hurt sooner rather than later and I shouldn't be surprised. He's Mr. Popular. I'm just another one of those kids that roam the halls. Just another one of his colleagues. I shouldn't have gone to that dance. Or if anything, I shouldn't have texted him when I got my phone back. Or just not get my phone back at all and buy myself a new one. I genuinely feel like I just got played, in a sense. I get my hopes up way too high just to get them crushed at the end and it really sucks. Why am I the way that I am?" I sighed, "and the usual: I miss you more and more every day, baba."

Ethan's POV

I was sitting in my room, working on one of my missing assignments. Ya boy still needs to graduate.

Jordyn's sisters managed to convince my parents to let her in. They barged into my room as if it were their own.

"What are y–"

"We're here to hang out with you silly." Maia smirked and sat on my bed.

I looked at them confused.

"We've been waiting for you!" Madison stepped closer to me.

"Get out of my house."

"But Ethy."

"What the fuck kind of nickname is that?" Maia glared at her.

"Get. Out. Don't make me say it again." I was frustrated. They don't take no for an answer. But they're probably doing this to get to Jordyn.

"Whatever you say." Madison walked out and ran her finger against my chest.

"Is that my shirt?"

"Hope you don't mind." she smirked.

They finally left the house. I tried to get a hold of Jordyn but nothing has come up so far. Me being the impatient person I am, I jogged over to Dylan's to see if she was okay.

"You have some nerve to show up here after you hurt her. I gave you one simple task, I only asked you of one thing, and you couldn't manage to do that."

"What?"