Chapter 12

Jordyn's POV

I woke up laying in Taylor's bed. I don't recall falling asleep but apparently I did. I'm going to assume someone carried me in here. I tried to stretch but my whole body was still sore. I lifted my shirt and looked down at my stomach, the bruises were starting to show, and they were pretty dark too. No amount of makeup was going to be able to cover this if it were to be visible elsewhere.

I laid in bed thinking about random things. Such as why the twins are so jealous that I'm talking to Ethan. Or why Dylan never told me he had feelings for me. Or how I let Laura run and ruin my life. Things are just so ballistic right now.

As far as the situation with Dylan goes, I can't let this dwell on me forever. I've moved on, for the most part, and so should he.

"Oh you're awake." Dylan walked into the room.

"Hey." I lightly smiled.

"How do you feel so far?"

"Worse than earlier. The bruises are forming." I sighed. I felt so sore. It hurt to talk.

"We have your car downstairs for whenever you wanna leave."

"Is it okay with you guys if I stay the night?"

"Of course it's okay. We're here for you when you need us, you know that."

"I just wanted to make sure."

"You're basically family. You're welcomed here anytime."

"Good morning sleeping beauty." his mom walked in.

"Hey, mom." I tried to sit up. That didn't happen. I winced and grunted.

She gave me a worried look.

"Are you okay?"

Hallie Hawthorne knows me too well. She'd be able to tell if I was lying.

"I'd be lying if I said I'm fine."

"What happened?"

"My stepsisters are envious that I'm talking to Ethan Dolan and they had some karate kids kick my ass."

"You need more rest. How bad is it?"

"I have bruises forming and my whole body hurts."

"You're staying home tomorrow. And by home, I mean here. You are in no condition to go to school tomorrow."

"But I–"

"No 'but's. It's said and done."

I'm so thankful for Dylan's family. I cannot exaggerate it enough.

"Thank you mamas."

"Dinner will be ready soon if you're up for it."

I couldn't get out of bed without wincing.

"Jesus Christ, how bad did they beat you?"

"Well, I was clotheslined and I hit the concrete pretty hard. Then they kicked me, there had to be at least 4 people they brought with them."

"You need ice. Or some Icy-Hot or something."

Lucky for me, Taylor's room was downstairs. Blessed.

Dylan helped me get out of bed and we walked into the dining room. His dad was out for business matters so he wasn't joining us tonight. Everyone made small talk as we ate our food. Actual food, not some of that canned stuff that I always end up eating at least three times a week back at my own house.

"So, I was thinking." I began. Hallie wiped her mouth, "what if I evict Laura and the girls?"

Taylor choked, "What?"

"I mean, technically, the house is mine. My name is on the documents. Laura's isn't. She isn't paying bills. I am."

"Jordyn, don't you think that's a little excessive?"

"I just want her out of my life."

"There are other ways to do it." Hallie sighed, "If you do go along with this plan of yours, where would they stay?"

"That's all on them. I hold no control over that. I'm sick of them."