Chapter 26

Jordyn's POV

I found more of his belongings than I had anticipated. I figured I'd find some money to fix the house and sell or rent it out or something and find a new place to stay. It'll be a good way to help pay for college.

Ethan took me back to Dylan's and stayed with me for a little.

Hallie walked out, "sweetie I heard what happened. I am so sorry." she embraced me.

"I found a few things that belonged to him." I looked down.

"Taylor's gonna be out soon. You can stay in her room."

"What would we do when she comes to visit during her breaks and whatnot?"

"We'll figure that out."

"Mom, I can't. You guys have sheltered me long enough. I don't wanna be more of a burden."

"Listen to me, we made your dad a promise to keep you safe and we will do whatever we can and whatever we have to in order to do that."

"Mom..."

"Jordyn, I am positive."

I sighed, "eventually I'm going to get my own place."

"And until then, you may stay here."

"Thank you."

"I gotta go, but I'll text or call you or later yeah?" Ethan said.

"Okay." he kissed my cheek and left.

Ethan's POV

"How's she holding up with the whole fire thing?"

"How'd you know about that?"

"She texted me earlier."

"Oh."

"Did she lose anything?"

"Just a few things her dad gave her before he passed away." I sighed, "Gray, I feel so useless. I can't do anything about this and it sucks. I can't recover any of the things she lost. I'm suppose to be there for her through everything."

"Listen to me. This wasn't your fault and just because you can't replace the things she lost doesn't mean you can't be there to comfort her and tell her that it's going to get better."

I sighed.

Grayson pat my shoulders. "Hold on to her."

"I'm so disappointed in myself. I could be making her happy instead of seeing her be sad."

I felt all the anger pinned up inside of me.

"Bro, it's okay."

"No. It's not okay. God I can't handle this."

"Ethan."

Grayson walked over and tried to comfort me. I ran out of the house.

"ETHAN." Grayson called after me. After a few minutes of running, he tackled me. Then I saw his hand was broken. Now I felt like I let him down. He just wanted to help, to comfort me, and in return, I basically broke his hand. I stood up and paced around not knowing what to do or how to feel. This just aggravates me so much. I walked over to a glass window and punched it. I looked down and saw my hand gushing out blood. So, Grayson and I went to the ER. They took X-rays of our arms and fixed them up.

Jordyn's POV

Cameron was calling me.

"Hey." I answered.

"So, the boys are in the ER."

"I'm on my way."

I didn't even know what had happened or how bad the situation is. I just had to physically see them to ease myself and make sure they're okay.

I got to the hospital and saw Cameron. She walked me to their room.

"Oh my god. Are you okay?" I hugged Grayson. "What happened?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. Ethan just lost it and I tried to calm him down. He ran and I tackled him because I didn't want to see my brother hurting and you know."

"Yeah, I get it."

"He's getting stitches on his hand right now."

"What?"

"He punched a glass window."

"Why?"

"After that whole house fire situation, he said he was disappointed that he couldn't do anything to make you happy. I told him that it's okay and he just needs to be there for you, but then he went insane and here we are."

Ethan walked into the room.

"Oh my god, are you okay?" I hugged him.

"I just... I can't do anything to make you happy out of this whole situation. And it sucks because I want you to be happy. I don't want to see you sad or upset. I'm not gonna pretend that it's okay, I'm done faking it. It just put me in such a shitty place mentally. I feel like there's nothing I can do to make you feel better."

I kissed him, "I was so worried when Cameron said you two were in the hospital. I'm glad you're both okay."

"I'm sorry." Ethan looked down.

"For what?"

"Worrying you."

I lifted his chin, "As long as you're okay, I'm okay. You make me happy. Don't doubt that. I know there's nothing you can do about this situation, but I'm fortunate enough to have you here by my side, that's all I need right now. I'm grateful to have you both in my life. So don't ever think that you've disappointed me in any way possible. Because there's nothing you can do that'll disappoint me. I'm proud of you both. It's okay to be upset. It's okay to feel down. It's what makes you human. But know that you're not alone."

Grayson walked over and hugged me, "thank you."

"Always. I'll see you two later. Call me or something. I wanna make sure you're both okay."

They nodded.

I got home and flopped onto my bed.

"Is everything okay?" Dylan asked.

"Why does it seem like every time I start becoming happy, something bad happens and I just end up getting sad again?" I sighed.

"Why? Did something else happen?"

"After Ethan dropped me off, he went home and just lost it. He ran off and Grayson stopped him and ended up breaking his hand. Then Ethan punched a glass window and had to get some stitches."

"What?"

"He said it was because he couldn't do anything to help fix this situation and he couldn't make me happy again. Like I understand that he cares but ugh I don't know what to do."

I laid there silently.

"I'm sorry. I don't mean to always put my problems, I'm such a burden."

"Jordyn Daniels, I'm your best friend. It's okay."