Chapter 15

MAX's POV

"Let's get one thing straight. You are both going to die tonight. But not before I get answers from you."

Her gaze directed at me.
Along with her slender sharp finger with razor sharp nails.

Never have I been scared stiff by somebody. Let alone a girl. I didn't know what I did wrong to cause this reaction from her. Yes I did try to stop her from killing Ryan but if he died now then she would have blown our cover and never have gotten revenge on Sam.

But I also had a feeling that was only part of it.

I swallowed some of my fear and looked directly in her eyes.

Which I really wish I didn't do. because now I was trapped in the gun metal gaze that had a red purple ring around her iris that X told me about.

I thought he was joking around when he warned me to be careful of her anger because her looks could literally kill a man.

And when I walked into the house with her holding a gun pointing at Ryans head I almost let her go.

After all that asshole did things no brother could forgive for doing things to his sister.

"I want you to explain this."

She reached into her pocket and pulled out a folded piece of paper and shoved it towards me.

I opened it up and was shocked with what I saw.

"Where did you get this?" I whispered lowly. It was from the envelope up stairs in my draw. I have been carrying it around for 4 years.

"I should be asking you!" Her voice gruff with anger.

I looked over to Ryan who was obviously wearing my pants that were to big for him and I could feel my anger rising.

She shouldn't be snooping around.

"I deleted all those images years ago there should be no traces of them. how did you find them."

The purple in her eyes was becoming more permanent but it was dull.

"You will betray the agency for a photo graph?" I replied. Faking the confidence in my eyes and voice. I knew she would. And killing me would come with consequences but not getting kicked out but that's only because she's a queen. And boy did she fit the role perfectly for the queen of spades.

"Yes as a matter of fact I would. tell me this is your last chance or I'll shoot you." she was acting innocently.

She wouldn't dare.

I glared at her in a manner saying I would do something if she did it.

Bang.

My left leg was shot with a silver bullet through the mussel completely missing anything vital.

"Your lucky I'm a bad shot."

She smiled looking at the black pistol in her hands.

We both knew she wasn't a bad shot. I mean I did see her shorting in the arena and the fact that that shot was a meaning of speech saying try me