18. She Returns With Wonder

I guess I must've stayed with Jeff for more than I expected. I must've stayed with him for a few weeks and now it's the start of a new term. The finale term of school. I'm relieved for that but I'm still worried that Jeff is planning to do something. Something horrible. I've moved on from my mother and is now settling in pretty well with my beloved aunt Grace. Although Grace is like the only one in my family left. I was excited to see all my friends and classmates again but there was one person I didn't wish to see. Peter. I knew he didn't care about me anymore. I wonder if he ever did.

Pain erupted at the side of my head as something cushy hit it. My eyes fluttered open but then slammed shut again due to the bright light in my eyes. "Ahhhh! To bright!" I groaned. My voice was croaky this morning. 'Get up sleeping beauty! You got your first day of school!" I heard aunt Grace yell before walking out of my new bedroom. My bedroom was a little dull and looked boring but Grace is letting me decorate it.

I got dressed in a regular and rushed downstairs to see Grace making pancakes. I remember when I was younger that Grace would make the best pancakes! I had no idea what her secret recipe was! Every time I asked her this was her only answer:

"A chef never reveals their secrets"

It was kinda stupid for an answer but I guess I'll give her that. I remember last time I tried to make pancakes....

"Fire!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. I heard my mother rushing down the stairs and once she entered the kitchen, her eyes widened. She got a bowl of water, pouring cold water in it while cursing and keeping slightly calm. She chucked the water on the fire and made sure it was out by chucking extra water on it.
Finally, she turned to me, her face full with fear and relief but slight anger. "What did I tell you about cooking on the stove without me?" She asked with frustration. I hung my head, avoiding eye contact. "Not to." I said sadly. "That's right. Now let me cook alright." I nodded in response.

Ahhhh, the memories. I found it a little funny though. Although it actually dangerous and I got in trouble. It was an epic fail. I sat on one of the kitchen stools, waiting for my breakfast. The clock on the wall said 7:38 am and school started at 8. I remembered seeing Jeff last night at the cemetery at my mother's grave. I remembered every word he said in his confession and it all disgusted me. He's obsessed with me.

A plate of pancakes was placed in front of me, making me snap out of my thoughts. "Thanks, Grace." I said with a satisfied smile. Grace returned the smile and returned to cooking. "So how's things going with your boyfriend, Peter?" Grace asked out of the blue. I hung my head, not wanting to think of him. "Don't remind me" I huffed out. "Oh." I heard Grace mutter. She knew hat I mean't. None of us said anything after that. I didn't mind, I had all my focus on these delicious pancakes.

"Adios Grace! Love Ya'!" I yelled. ""Have a good day, Y/N!" I heard Grace yell back. With that, I got my and I was out the door. Since my aunt's house was further away from school, I guess I had to take the bus. I waited for the bus to arrive at the bus stop. Luckily the bus stop was only at the end of the block. I looked at my watch. 7:51 am. Oh dang! I'm gonna be late! This bus ride is only 15 minutes!

Once the bus arrived, I stepped on and found a lonely seat at the back. Sadly, none of my friends took this bus. They either walked, took their own car or went on another bus. So I was lonely. Oh! You can be with others every time! You have to be alone sometimes in life! So I sat alone for the bus ride to school which was a little lonely but it was some time to get rid of the evil thoughts and relax.

Once I got to school, I was greeted by my greatest friends, Emma and Mia. "Y/N!" Mia screamed and embraced me in a tight hug. "Arrrgh! Mia! C-can't breathe!" I choked out. "Oh! Sorry! Hehe!" Mia let me go and grinned. "We're so happy you're out of hospital." Emma said giving me a quick hug unlike Mia's. "So how's life with your auntie?" Mia asked slumping an arm around my shoulder and walking me towards the school building. "It's awesome!" I squealed.

"You better thank us because we did some of your homework." Emma said walking at my side. "Really? Thanks so much!" I said happily. "Yeah, you owe us. Remember that." Mia said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes at her. "Yeah, yeah. I love you guys too."

With that, we walked to school building. Emma and Mia must've been late too when I just met them when they were about to walk into the school. I mean the bell had rung 5 minutes ago.

The first few hours went faster than expected. It was already lunch break and I was starving! But I hadn't seen Peter around. Must be avoiding me or something or he might be sick. Hopefully it's not Jeff. I don't even know why I care about Peter. I sat at the girl's table. With Ray, Lizzy, Holly, Ellen, Alex and Kelly. Mia and Emma sadly got detention for I don't really know what but I guess I got some time with the other girls. They kept bringing up Jeff, my abduction, the torture I had for weeks. It was painful.

I heard them in the background talking about how horrible Jeff was and to be honest, It was actually quite disgusting to hear. Jeff may be a heartless killer but he still had a soft spot for me. He was just obsessed and I know what it's like to be obsessed. Everyone does I guess.

"Guys, can we please just forget about all that and think it never happened?" I asked. They stared at me for a moment, they hesitated but nodded. "So, guys. I've been thinking that we could all go on a camping trip not this weekend but next weekend." Ray said, thankfully changing the subject. The girls shrugged but I was unsure about going. I didn't really want to. I was still scared of Jeff. I was still frightened that he would come and kidnap me again. It was decided. I didn't want to go.

I was dragged out of my thoughts when I heard someone calling my name and hands shaking me. "Hmm? Wha?" I saw all the girls staring at me. "Are you going to go, Y/N?" Lizzy asked. "Oh! The camping trip? Nah!" I said shaking my head. "Aww! Why?" They asked. It sounded like they Really wanted me to go. I shrugged "Did you forget that Jeff the Killer is out there? I ain't going near him again!" I said. The girls were about to bring Jeff up again but before they could speak I cut them off. "Don't even think about it!" I growled baring my teeth like a wolf.

"Oh c'mon, Y/N. That won't happen again. If he's going to kidnap you again, he'll have to go through us!" Holly exclaimed. "What! I would rather keep my face the way it is, thank you!" Ray growled. "I'd rather dump my head in a toilet and drink all the water out of it than be stabbed over 50 times in the chest!" Alex added. "I can arrange that" Mia butted in. We turned our heads to see Mia and Emma making their way to our table and sitting down with their food trays.

"Well, Y/N owes us for doing her difficult homework for her while she was gone!" Mia smirked at me. "Hey! I was friken' kidnapped! Do you expect me to do my homework while I was there!" I growled which only made Mia smirk wider. "Yeeeepppppppp" Mia said popping the 'p'. I rolled my eyes and groaned. The bell rang, calling us to go to our next period. "I'll see you beauties later." I said waving to them. "Y/N! At least think about it!" I heard Ray call to me. I just shrugged as I went to my next lesson.

Should I go? Yes? No? I dunno anymore! There's so many reasons to go an not go! Well, it is in like two weeks so I guess I got a lot of time to think about it!