28. He'll Feel....... Human Again......

Most people would think I was crazy for suddenly falling in love with him. Falling in love with Jeff the killer. The murderer of my mother and friends. The man who suddenly became obsessed with me. A psychopath who truly belongs in an asylum to rot in Hell itself. I'll probably rot in Hell myself when I come to an end.

Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months. I hadn't noticed how fast time was passing by when I found out I had been here with Jeff for 3 months. Ever since I found out his past and that his heart doesn't have a beat we've gotten..... Closer. We've started to act like a normal couple. Jeff no longer chains me and lets me roam free with a shackle hugging my ankle. He trusts me and I trust him. I realize he is just a misunderstood young man who drowned in his own insanity. He just needs help. Lots of it. He said that I am the only one, the only thing that can make him sane again. Perhaps he is right.

As much fun and happiness me and Jeff have been having, I still think and grieve over the loss of my family and friends. I only do that when Jeff goes out for his disgusting killing sprees he still does. I don''t want him to see me crying over something I shouldn't be. Jeff now lets me out to walk through the woods, I don't try to escape, I don't need to and I don't wish to. I have a job to do. To save him from his insanity. To make his heart beat again. If that is possible. Although, apart from being happy with Jeff and all that. I still miss home. Home. Jeff would say that this is home now but what should I think about that? I don't know what to think of this place anyway. I do wish to live a normal life away from this madness but I know Jeff needs me more. A lot more.

I sat on the porch of the cabin, staring out into the wilderness. Unfortunately I couldn't climb onto the roof due to, falling off the roof several times. Jeff was still out on his killing spree, he was acting a little different now. Not calling me any cheesy nicknames as much except for calling me darling, dear and my real name. It was strange but it was better than being called Doll. I despised that name, it always irked me every time it was called. The sun was starting to set behind the mountains and Jeff was late. I haven't made dinner yet, there's nothing in the pantry anyway. Perhaps we could--- No! He would never allow that! Jeff would never allow us to go out for dinner or at least go get some supplies. I let out a huff of annoyance before standing up and heading inside. But before I could step through the doorway, I heard someone calling my name.

"Y/N?" I spun around and squeaked when I came face-to-face with the one and only Jeff. His face only a few inches away from mine. How did he get here so fast? His pale orbs were somehow no longer as pale as they used to be but now a beautiful . His eyes looked simply beautiful. Anyone could get lost in those eyes. Jeff giggled pulling me from my thoughts and I felt him take my hand. I was shocked to feel his hand so warm. His hands were soft and were warm. His hands were never warm. "J-jeff" I say entwining my hand with his, embracing the warmth. "Y-you're warm" I said with a whisper. Jeff smiles a genuine smile. What's gotten into him. "I know." He replies without a hint of insanity. I was confused.

"When? How? Why?" I blurted. I sounded panicked and I regretted that. Jeff puts a finger to my lips and shushes me. "Come" He whispers gesturing a 'follow me' gesture. I don't hesitate to walk at his side as he seems to walk through the woods towards.... The city?! Was he taking me out on a killing spree with him? Was he bringing me home? What is he doing?! All these questions tore at my mind and I used all my strength to prevent myself from asking him. I let him walk me through the streets of my city in silence. After a while of walking, he stopped at a restaurant? Why were we here? Wait, are we having dinner here?! "Since we've ran out of food, I thought we could go out for dinner, about that eh?" He said with a smirk. Even with the hood over his head, I knew he was smirking.

He must've not wanted a response when he took off before I could reply. I rush after him to catch up. We entered the restaurant and luckily for us it wasn't too busy. A middle aged lady with dirty blonde hair and chocolate brown eyes stood at the counter and watched us walk in. Her nails were long and sharp very and her blonde hair was in a messy bun. She looked a little pale as well as bored and tired. She sprung up when she heard the bell of the door ring as we entered. We approached her and Jeff ordered a table for two.

"Are you a couple or something?" She asked rudely. Well, I found it rude. I looked down at the ground awkwardly and hoped for Jeff to say no. "Yes, we'll have the table outside on the balcony." He said. My head jolts up to glare at Jeff only to find him grinning deeply at me from under his white hood. I growl at him before the woman leads us to the second floor of the restaurant to where the balcony is. There's only one table out there and it's luckily got only two seats. I have to admit this but it does look a little romantic.

Me and Jeff get seated and the woman gives us our the menu before walking off and leaving us alone. I look through the menu and felt like someone was watching me. I look over my menu to find Jeff staring right into my soul. He doesn't stare for long when he realizes he was staring at me. He holds up his menu to block his face from my view. I giggle at his dumbness and go back to looking through the menu. Soon I find something that actually makes my mouth water. "I'm going to have (Food Choice)." I informed him. "Same" He replied simply. I put my menu down and cock a brow at him. He cocks a brow back making me crack a smile.

I look out at the beautiful view. "Do you miss your family?" I ask him not daring to face him. I heard him sigh sadly. "Yeah, sometimes. I regret killing my own family." He says quietly. "Do you miss your fmaily?" He asks catching me off guard. I glance over at him. "Yes. I miss them dearly. I still weep over their deaths but what good would that do?" I said with a sigh. "It's okay to cry. You never know what power tears can give you in the future." He said. I felt my hand warm up making me look. Jeff's pale hand resting on the top of mine soothingly. "It's like you've changed Jeff. I-I haven't seen you act so calm and peaceful. What happened to you?" I said. Jeff looked down for a moment.

He wasn't sure himself. No voice shouted at him to kill anymore. The voice was gone and he was alone in his mind. The screaming voice cut short when he made it back to the cabin and saw his beloved sitting on the porch.

Jeff grabbed my free hand and made me and my whole body face him. He held my hands in his and looked me in the eye. Again, I was getting lost in his beautiful unique blue eyes.

"Y/N. You happened to me. You make me feel something besides hate, anger and sadness. I don't only love you more than anything in this god damn fucking world but you make me feel what I once felt. You make feel human again. I feel human again. It's all because of you. You make me feel human again. You make me sane again. You make me feel, alive." He confessed. I was speechless but he was right. He is sane again. I was the key to the cage.

Jeff led one of my hands to his chest where his heart shou- Wait. I felt a thump in his chest. No. Impossible. How can that be? I went to take my hand away but Jeff kept a firm hold on it and my arm didn't budge.

Thump.

There it was again. It sounds familiar. I thought it was mine.

Thump. Thump.

With his free hand, he reached over the table and put it on my chest where my heart is located. I expected myself to flinch because of his cold hands but I only relaxed due to they weren't cold but warm. I heard my heart too as well as his. It was difficult to tell who's heart beat was which because of how the beats of our organs sounded so right.

Thump. Thump.

Thump. Thump.

"You hear that?" Jeff asked. I nod. "My heart beats along with yours. Y/N, you've changed me. You've made my heart beat again. But there's only one true reason why my heart is beating," He said. Jeff starts to smile.

"It beats for you."

I felt tears prick my eyes and threaten to pour out but I finally let them. "Y/N." Jeff whispers. He leans over the table and his face closes in on mine. What is he doing what I think he's doing? Finally the space is closes between us when Jeff's lips press on mine. His lips no longer charred but now soft and plush. His kiss unlike all his others for they were only forceful and hungry. This one was passionate and gentle. Jeff the killer being gentle. I couldn't resist and started kissing back. Jeff looked incredibly happy to see I was finally kissing him back for this was the first time I ever kissed back to him.

What would happen? Would this be the start of a new life? Who knows, only time can truly tell. But there's one thing I know for certain.

Jeff the Killer is truly gone