Chapter nine Trespassers

---three years later---

Chapter nine

Trespassers

“Damn it West, you just had too.” I rose to my feet as we dipped into a cannon. Shiloh was breathing heavily at my side, while the idiot who had gotten us into mess stood nearby gasping for air.

“How was I supposed to know?” He stood straight and titled his head back. “It not like the pack’s put up signs, I thought it was rogue territory.”

I had to withhold the urge not to hit him. “You always get us into these messes.” I sniffed the air to see how close they were getting. The scent was faint, so I was hopeful they had turned back.

He glared at me. “Since you don’t hunt, you’ve just never had the opportunities.”

I pointed a claw at him. “Don’t start with me. I’ve spent the last two hours dragging my mate through the forest because someone decided to take the easy kill.”

Folding his arms, he muttered something under his breath before walking off into the trees. 

Grabbing Shiloh’s hand, I followed him.

“Now what?” he grumbled. “We can’t really cross their territory to get back.”

“I don’t know,” I shrugged. “Do what we always do, and keep moving.”

“We’re going to start running into the big packs if we keep going south.” He nodded over his shoulder. “They were big enough, and just like Shiloh here, I’m tired of running for my life every other day.”

I smacked the back of his head. “Then stop killing their game.”

He rubbed the spot. “Sorry, for hunting since I’m the only one who does.”

Ignoring him, I took the led. “You’re a really knot head sometimes, you know that.”

He jogged to my side as we stop at the end of a overhang. A large mountains range stretched out before us with sign of spring starting to sprout. It was beautiful. Too beautiful, this was definitely claimed territory. 

“Think they’ll notice us passing through?” West stretched his arms behind his head.

“Depends on whether or not you do anything dumb to get us caught.”

Shiloh leaned into my side and tugged on my hand. “Go around?” He gave me a hopeful smile.

“We’re rogues, Shy. There’s no such thing as going around for wolves like us.”

West sighed and sat down on a rock. “No wonder, rogue don’t live very long. All this running and hiding wears you out.” He started stretching out his shoulders. 

Shiloh whimpered a little.

“We’re fine,” I breathed. “West is being overly dramatic.”

“Well I guess it not that much different than Hidden Peak, right?” 

“I guess.” I sat down and pulled the sub into my lap. We had gone back, but there was still nothing there for us even when spring came along. So we made the hike back to the southern territory and spend the last couple years dipping in and out of other pack’s territories. Not my ideal way of living, but death was pretty much our only other alternative.

“It’d be nice to have a territory like this,” sighed West. “Hunting would be so easy. These are prime grazing grounds.”

“Yeah, but we’re not that lucky. Packs don’t just take rogues.”