Chapter 17: Introductions

Chapter 17

Introductions 

We sat in the backseat of the ATV with Jagger driving along the dirt trail. My stomach was twisted in knots. I shouldn’t have left him. I should have fought harder to take West with us. As much as I wanted to kill the kid, West was Hidden peak. I glanced down at Shiloh. The sub was still shaken up. Didn’t blame him though, I had promised we’d stick together that it would be us three until the end. Well I lied. Northern Ridge had ruined everything.

“It’s just up ahead,” said Jagger, right before we drove through a creek. 

I didn’t really like these human things. I would have preferred we walked. It would have taken longer, but I rather be on solid ground then this metal contraption. 

Raven turned around and gave Shiloh a smile. “Are you going to be okay?”

Shy nodded. 

I squeezed him to my side. “He’ll be fine. Your father just an asshole who took West for no reason.”

The long haired sub shoulders sagged, and he turned forward. “Sorry.”

Jagger slammed on the pedal on the floor, and the ATV jolted to a halt. He turned to face me. “I get it. You’re pissed. I’d be pissed too, but Darius gets to decided. That’s how things are. He is our alpha, and even though you’re going to be running Blood Hound, he’s still your alpha. That man holds way more power than you think among werewolves, and with his son taking over Midfield, he has a lot of power in the human world as well. So don’t take it out on Raven,” he narrowed his eyes at me. “You should know it’s not like a sub gets much of a say, especially when it comes to his own father. We’re lucky, Northern Ridge bend the rules for mates like our as much as they do.” He took a deep breath and glanced to Raven.  “Darius is doing what he sees best for the pack. And I respect that, he’s a great leader,” he met my gaze, “but the stronger you are the quick people want to see you fall. So I’m sorry that Darius is trying to avoid that.” He turned around and continued driving. 

I saw Jagger grabbed his mate’s hand and give it a squeeze. 

“Just remember Blood Hound is my pack,” he stated. “This is were I was born. These wolves defended from the same bloodline as me. And just as much as you hated handing West over to Darius, I hate handing my birth pack over to a complete stranger.” He pulled up into a empty dirt clearing and stopped the vehicle. He climbed out and stared at me. “I don’t like this idea, but we have no other choice. So for now, I’m going to listen to my alpha and keep pretending you’re the best thing for Blood Hound.” 

Raven hurried around and grabbed his mate’s hand. 

Jagger took a deep breath. “I’m fine.” He turned sharply and led the sub through the trees.

I stepped out and held out a hand for Shiloh. He crawled across the seat and lifted his arms. 

I gave him a sideway look. “You’re getting too old for this.”

He whimpered and did his best to look as sad as possible.

With a sigh, I picked him up. “You’re lucky it been a bad day for both of us, or I’d make you walk.”

The sub just laid his head on my shoulder and curled into me.

I walked through the trees and saw Jagger and Raven standing at the entrance to a cave. Werewolves of all sizes and color were gathered around and looked rather happy to see the dominant. I trudged up the small incline and waited along the outer rim. The looks I was receiving weren’t making me feel positive about the situation.