Chapter ten A Speedy Decision

Chapter ten

A Speedy Decision

I kept my eyes on the door as different werewolves walked past the bared door. Some in a form rarely seen in the far northern territory.

“What do you think they’re going to do with us?” asked West as he rubbed the slowly healing wound on his shoulder.

I shrugged. “I thought we’d be dead by now.”

“Always mister positive,” he muttered as he sunk down against the wall. He started to chuckle to himself. “Can’t believe we were stupid enough to go on Northern Ridge territory.”

“Too soon,” I replied sharply.

“Come on, Ranger. We made a dumb choice. It’s not our first, and by the looks of it, they’re not planning on killing us.”

I glanced over my shoulder. “Maybe their just waiting for you too heal up and then they going to play some dominant imitation game.”

He glared at me. “You’re a real jerk, you know that.” Folding his arms, he turned away from me. 

West could pout all he wanted, my only concern was finding Shiloh and getting out of here before Northern Ridge changed their mind about us.

The red wolf from before appeared at the door with Jagger beside him.

“Where’s my mate?” I snapped.

“You’re right. He has a bit of a temper about him,” said the Alpha. By the way he was looking at me, he didn’t seem that impressed. 

“They’re pack wolves.”

“Doesn’t mean, he’s not going to cause problems.” The large dominant eyed me. They weren’t paying any concern to West, but why would they, he wasn’t a threat to even their lowest dominant.

“Where my mate?” I said again in firm voice. 

The alpha ignored my question and whispered something to Jagger. “They say you’re from Hidden Peak.”

“I want Shiloh, now.”

West jumped to his feet and pushed me back from the door. “Don’t mind him. He’s not very pleasant naturally.”

Gritting my teeth, I resisted the urge to hit him. I wanted my mate, not to chat with these two.

“Yes, that was our pack before the accident,” said West.

“Avalanche?” said the Alpha.

West nodded. “This idiot had a temper back them too.”

That did it. I clenched my fist and slammed into the side of his muzzle. The two jumped back as I stood over West. “I warned you,” I growled. “Bring it up again, and I’m going to break your jaw.”

“Quite high strung,” said the Alpha. “Sensitive topic then?”

“Reminds me of Daven,” laughed Jagger. 

“I lost my pack,” I snapped. “My mother was killed. The only good of it was this jackass’s father went down with them.”

The alpha glanced to his companion. “Wasn’t a happy pack then.”

West stood, rubbing his jaw. “My dad was a rogue. He took over.”

“Oh,” The red wolf tapped his claws on the bars. “Definitely some bad blood there.”

“You know what.” I jolted the bars. “We’re done. I want Shiloh. He’s my mate, so give him back.”

The alpha didn’t back down and met my challenge. “You do know who I am.”