Chapter 19: City Pack

Chapter 19

City Pack

I carried the average size elk into the cave. Jagger marched past me. I guess he was still uptight about the hunting issue, but things had worked out. He injured one’s leg, and I moved in and killed it. No one saw the exchange. At least, I hoped they didn’t.

I dropped it in the pile with the others before being ambushed by a little white wolf.

“Hey,” I ruffled Shiloh’s head fur. “Were you good?”

The sub nodded and smiled up at me. The boy looked really nice with shiny fur and fruity scent about him. I didn’t care for the blast of spring flowers, but his soft fur was making up for it.

“What do you think?” Raven walked over and grabbed his mate’s hand. “Isn’t he the cutest thing?”

Jagger nodded.

“You look nice, Shy,” I patted his head.

He scrunched up his nose at the matted blood on my shoulder.

“Well, I guess I’m in need of an bath now.” I glanced at Jagger, but the man just stormed off with Raven in hand.

“Come on.” Putting an arm around Shiloh, I walked to the hot pools.

The boy ran off as I stepped into the water and returned with a basket of all the weird human soaps. I picked up one and smelt it. It was horrible.

“These aren’t for me.”

“This one.” Shy handed me a darker bottle.

I opened and took a sniff. This one I could handle. It had a more masculine scent about it, because I was not a fruit or sweet honey kind of wolf.

“It’s nice.”

Shiloh nodded. “I like it.”

“Do you?” I laughed as I shifted and squirted some on my shoulder.

My mate shifted to human form and helped me wash away the blood. “Did you do okay?” he whispered.

“Jagger helped me out,” I gave him a small smile.

“He’s really nice.”

“Hmmm….” I squirted some of soap in my hair. “Raven too, right?”

He blushed and continued washing my back.

“You want to be just like him, don’t you?”

Shy bit his lip and nodded.

I pulled away. “You’re fine how you are, Shy. I don’t need a Raven.”

“He’s pretty, though,” breathed the boy.

“I think I did better than Jagger when it comes to mate.”

Shy smiled and peeked up at me. “But you didn’t want too?”

I put my arm around him and squeezed him to my side. “But, I’m glad I did.”

***

I follow Jagger off to the far side of the territory. I felt like a pathetic pup, walking along obediently beside him. He made up some excuse to Gage and told Raven to keep an eye on Shy, while we did “alpha things,” also know as teaching me to hunt.

“Alright,” he stopped and looked the side of a overhang. “This is popular game trail. Sooner or later the hunting party will come here, so it’s a good place to practice.”