I'll be here for you: (TJ Hammond)

A/N: After a few years I've finally written this 😂 my apologies..

Requested by: Star-Bucky-Lover

Request-
TJ and the reader are dating and he helps her through her depression and a panic attack.

Warnings- Depression and panic attacks (I'm very sorry if this is a trigger for you) Curse words? I sound 3 years old 😂

(Y/n)'s Pov-
I was currently sitting in the bathroom of my home. I was leaning against the cool sheetrock trying to calm myself down from my current panic attack that was surging through my chest.

Recently news has spread over my relationship with TJ Hammond. We've been dating for about 2 months now and the press hasn't been too bad until just a few hours ago. Apparently they were saving the embarrassing stories about us, just to make sure we stayed together. All this time they were waiting, then they dropped the bomb.

E News, CNN, People's Magazine, etc.
their all to blame for my current state. I was doing fine with things, great even! Until this morning...

Let me explain.

Ever since High school I have suffered from depression which then causes reoccurring panic attacks. I've been on medication just to help with the pain but for a while the meds weren't working. Nothing helped. So a few years passed and my doctor signed me up for a group class to talk about my problems with other people, I wasn't to happy about that but I went anyway. I wanted to have hope but I was still very doubtful.

The first day was ok, nothing too straining. We were all paired in groups of two to talk about our personal problems with that person. It was called the buddy exercise, it had been proven to work so that was the groups go to method. That's when I met TJ. At first we became friends, not really close but close enough to know each other and talk about our problems without judgment. Then as the months progressed we became closer and on the graduate night of the support group, he asked me out. I was kind of shocked considering he was rumored to be gay but I gladly accepted. After the date a few days later we started dating, happily confined in each others company. He has been very supportive with helping me in my mental state and I was actually taken off of my meds just last week. The panic attacks stopped slowly to where I'd only have one every once in a while and things seemed to change for the better.

Until this morning that is. The media had gotten hold of the real story to how we met and spread it everywhere! Now everyone knows about my situation and is already sending harsh feedback. So that's why I'm currently shaking with my knees pulled to my chest, sitting on the tile floor breathing heavily. This one was a bad one.

TJ was at a banquet that was sponsoring Eliane in her campaign to run for president. He had called several times to check up with me but I hadn't answered, I was having trouble dealing with things and the last thing I wanted was to be pitied. Here I go again.. I love TJ, really I do. I just wasn't ready to ask questions that I did not have the answers to. It hurts.. my mind was swirling and the thoughts were close behind. Maybe it'd be best for everyone... Should I? Maybe I wouldn't be in pain anymore. TJ would be better off. I have way too much baggage..

Tj's Pov-
She should've answered by now. I thought to myself as I contemplated on whether I should leave to check on her. I had left several voicemails and texts to see how she was doing but I still hadn't gotten anything back.

My brother Douglas rushed quickly over to me, pulling me aside with a worried expression on his face. "What's wrong?" I asked concerned. "You need to see this." He handed me his phone and I hit play. I watched the news on (y/n) and I in shock. My eyes grew wide and it finally clicked as to why she wasn't answering. Shit! She's relapsing.. I gave the phone back to Dougie. "I gotta go. I'll explain later, tell momma it's an emergency." I said as I then quickly rushed through the crowd and out to my car.

As I drove quickly to her place I tried calling her again. Nothing. "Damn it! Come on, please pick up.." I tried again. Nothing. I gave up and dropped the phone in the passenger seat, increasing my speed and rushing to her house.

When I pulled up I parked and got out, locking my car as I rushed up the stairs and inside her front door. "(Y/n)! Honey, where are you?" I heard nothing. Now I'm panicking more than ever. "(Y/n)!" I said as I rushed through the house to find her. I heard quiet sobs and gasping for breath coming from the bathroom so I opened the door and found her, laying up against the wall with a tear stained face and puffy eyes. I automatically knew she was having a panic attack. "It's ok, baby girl I'm here." I said as I sat beside her and gently rubbed her back. This is how I used to calm her down during one of these. "It's ok..everything's alright." I said softly as I held her yet gave her space to breathe.

After a few minutes of this she seemed to calm down enough to where the attack settled. Once I knew she was ok I pulled her into my lap and held her close while she curled up to me and nuzzled my neck. I rubbed her back in slow, gentle circles and kissed her forehead. "Are you ok now?" I asked quietly. She whimpered and clutched weakly onto my dress shirt, as more tears ran down her cheeks. I held her to me and didn't move or talk, I knew that if she wanted to talk she would in time.

She must've been worn out because after a while I looked down and noticed she was asleep. I slowly stood up with her in my arms as I carried her out of the bathroom and into her bedroom, I carefully laid her down on the bed and covered her up. I then walked over to her closet and got a shirt and pants that I left over here in case I would spend the night. I went into the bathroom and cleaned myself up a bit whilst I changed into comfier clothes.

Once I had changed I came back and crawled into bed behind (y/n). I pulled her close and ran my hand through her hair as she slept or was sleeping like I thought she was. She sniffled which indicated she wasn't asleep. "(Y/n).." I said quietly. "Do I make you miserable?" She asked weakly, her voice was raspy yet filled with hurt. "No sweetheart..why would you think that?" I asked carefully as she turned to look at me. "Cause. If I don't already then I'm going to in the near future." She didn't look up at me. I placed a finger under her chin and brought her face up so she met my gaze. "Is this about the news feed?" I asked with a worried look in my eyes. She nodded, looking like she was going to cry again. I pulled her closer and kissed her forehead. "You have never made me miserable. Nor will you. If I hadn't met you, I'd still be in the same spot I was a year ago.. miserable because I had no one. You make me happy and I'd only be miserable if I didn't have you, and only you.." I said softly. She smiled a bit and kissed my chin. "I love you TJ." I smiled. "I love you too, darling. And I don't care what the news thinks. I love you for you and that's all that matters."

I hope you enjoyed:) again my apologies for taking forever on this. Side note, for anyone who is suffering from depression or has panic attacks. Just remember, you're awesome and always keep fighting. The world would be bland without you;)
Peace out ✌🏻