Chapter 10

Waking up irritated is not how I wanted to start my Christmas morning, but when you have an ex-husband who basically tried to force sex on you then you wouldn't wake up happy either. I honestly dread spending this morning with him. I should have just went with my first mind and just told him to come over in the morning instead of agreeing to him spending the night.

"Mommy can we open our presents now?" Lexi ask when she saw me come into the kitchen. She and Kenneth were sitting at the table eating breakfast.

"Not yet Lexi your mother has to eat her food first" Kenneth told her, he got up and handed me a plate out of the microwave. "I hope you didn't mind me cooking breakfast." All I did was take the plate and sat down next to Lexi. I wasn't really hungry so I just picked around it.

"Mommy why you not eating? Daddy food was good"

"I'm sure it was but I am not hungry right now so I'll just save it for later." I didn't have to look Kenneth's way but I could tell he was staring at me. I won't give him any eye contact.

"Lexi you can go in the living room so that we can open up gifts. Mommy is going to put her food up and come straight in there." She zoom right out of the kitchen to the living room. I was hoping Kenneth was going to follow but instead he stayed in here with me.

Instead of saying anything to him I just dump my food in the garbage and put the plate in the sink.

"Beyoncé are you serious right now? You not go eat or speak to me?"

"Kenneth all I have to do is go in the living room and watch my child open all her gifts."

"So we not going to discuss last night at all?" he was seriously getting on my nerves.

I took a deep breath to relax myself before I went off on him "What you did was out of line and inappropriate. I don't know why you just won't let go."

"Because it is not easy to let go of seven years. You don't know how much I love you and it hurts that you don't feel the same."

"And that is why you move on and find someone else who will love you in return. Stop trying to hold on to the past. All we have between is Lexi and that is it." I walk away and went into the living room. I was so done with this conversation.

"Okay baby let's open up gifts" I grab the first present that had her name on it and gave it to her. For the next twenty minutes all you heard was Lexi unwrapping gifts and yelling with excitement from what me and her father bought her. This is what matters the most. Our daughter happiness.

"Well baby that's it you unwrap everything" I told her, she wasn't paying me any attention though. She was too busy playing with her new doll set I had bought. It had come with everything, the doll, the car and the house. It was expensive but it was for my little girl.

"Actually there is one more gift that I was saving for last." Kenneth said grabbing my attention and Lexi.

Her eyes got big "I have another gift?"

"Yes you do." Her father went into his pocket and handed her an envelope. It was already torn a bit to help her out. When she open it is was a picture of a puppy.

"It's just a picture daddy." Lexi said with disappointment. I was waiting on him to explain what this present even mean because I knew for a fact he wouldn't just give her a picture of a dog.

"Yes it is a picture princess but it is more than that. See that puppy is a pet store and all we have to do is go to the pet store, fill out some paper work and she will be yours."