Chapter 13

Laying down in the bed I sighed as I heard my alarm go off. Turning over I hit dismiss and check the time. It was exactly nine o'clock and I was not happy about it. Actually I was still kind of moody from yesterday events.

"Bout time you woke up." Shawn said, as I sat up and put my back on the headboard. He was up watching TV.

"How long you been up?" I ask with a yawn.

"Shit since six"

"Why?" I wrap the sheet around me and got up out the bed. I needed to take a shower and go get Lexi from my mother's house.

"Couldn't really sleep." He said with a shrug "Plus your phone kept on ringing surprise you didn't hear it. Oh and the mechanic people called, said your car will be fix by tomorrow morning."

I blew out a breath I was hoping my car would be fixed by today. Yesterday when I was getting off of work and was headed to pick Lexi up from school my car wouldn't start. I tried for twenty minutes to start it up but it wouldn't come on at all. I tried calling Kenneth to see if he could pick Lexi up from school while I figured out what was wrong with my car but he wouldn't answer his phone for nothing. Neither would Kelly when I tried calling her. I was left with asking Shawn could he come picked me up so that I could get my daughter. My mother agreed to watch her for the night so I stayed over Shawn's house.

"Shawn have you seen my panties?" I was collecting my clothes so I could take a shower.

"Nope. They probably downstairs."

"Forget it" I mumble. I will just have to be panties less for right now because I do not feel like searching all over his house for it.

"Why are you watching the animal planet?" I ask him as I lotion up my body.

"Because this shit is interesting to know what type of animals is all around this world." He didn't take his eyes off the TV not once. I guess this really was interesting to him. "You know if you can I don't mind a quickie right now."

I smiled and put on my bra "Sorry babe I can't. I need to figure out how I am going to get over there and get Lexi." I stood up so that I could put on my skirt and shirt.

Shawn look my way "I can be your chauffeur if you like. It ain't like I got shit to do today anyways"

I thought about it. It would be nice to have Shawn drive me around while I run my errands. The only bad part is that I will have Lexi with me and I don't know if that is a good idea to have them around each other. But it has been three months since we have been dating though plus it's only one day so I guess it will be alright.

"Are you sure? I have a lot to do today and Lexi will be hanging with us."

"That's fine with me"

I bend down and gave him a kiss "Thank you."

"You're welcome ma."

Pulling up to my mother's house I was prepare for her to give me a lecture on why Lexi didn't go to school today. I also know coming to her house with the same outfit on from yesterday will be something else for her to get on me about. I just hope she doesn't see Shawn sitting in the passenger seat waiting on me. Saying a slight prayer I rung her doorbell hoping she would be in a good mood.

"Why the hell couldn't this girl go to school this morning?" my mother snapped as soon as she open the door.

I step inside of the house "Well hello to you too mother"

"Don't "hello mother" me Beyoncé. You said that you will be here at seven a.m. but it's ten so please explain why you are three hours late."

I was about to say something but she held her hand up to silence me. "You have the same clothes on from yesterday." She gave me a look then open up the door and looked outside. I know for a fact she saw Shawn in the car. "That's why you ain't answer the phone when I was calling you. Too busy laying up with that man to come get your child."