Prologue

Welcome to My Life

Thinking back, the night that changed my life forever was just like any other night that summer.

I was home for the summer and bored out of my mind. My hometown in Oklahoma only has two places for entertainment, the movie theater that my dad refers to as "The Barn", and the bowling alley.

I'm horrible at bowling and all my friends were busy, so those were out. Basically, I was stuck at home, alone, while my parents were in the Carolinas for their vacation/anniversary.

You might think it was unfair of them to not invite me, but I wasn't even supposed to be home at the time. I ended up quitting my job a month earlier than planned and I didn't want to impose on their trip.

So that's how I ended up camping out in our living room with my dog, Pepper, and binge watching my favorite show, Supernatural on a warm July evening,.

Around 4 AM, I decided to call it a night, snuggled up in my soft brown blanket, and fell into a dreamless sleep. That in itself is weird. I normally have crazy dreams, but considering what happened next, it definitely wasn't the weirdest thing.

Since I was unconscious, I had to get what happened next from the Winchesters.

Apparently, around 7 AM I appeared in their backseat, fast asleep and still wrapped up in my blanket. When Dean caught a glimpse of me in his rear-view mirror, he slammed on the brakes and yelled "Son of a bitch!", which startled Sam.

Sam said he thought Dean was having some kind of freak out until he saw me back there too.

They tried to wake me up to figure out who I was and why I was there, but I remained unconscious. They said I didn't even stir or make any noises. The only way they could even tell I was alive was from the steady rise and fall of my chest under the soft blanket.

Now keep in mind, I'm an extremely light sleeper. I wake up at the smallest noise or beam of light. I have to take measures to block these out so that I can get a decent amount of sleep.

Well, Sam decided they should continue to the Bunker and hope I woke up soon. They had done all the tests on me and I hadn't reacted, so they knew I was human.

Dean told me they decided to call me Sleeping Beauty since, like in the fairy tale, I seemed to be in an enchanted sleep. They still call me that sometimes.

Anyhow, when they arrived at the Bunker a few hours later, I was still out. Sam carried me in and they set me up in a room close to their own to make it easier to keep an eye on me.

They told me they took turns watching me, waiting for me to finally wake up. I didn't wake up until early the next morning, according to Dean.

I remember the feeling of waking up after so long. I was still extremely groggy and disoriented, but I could tell immediately that I wasn't on my air mattress in the living room. Not only was the bed firmer, but even after I took my mask off, yes I use a sleep mask, it was still pitch black.

As I became more awake and aware, I began to panic. Honestly, who wouldn't after waking up in a strange place? I thought I had been sedated and kidnapped! It became hard to breathe as I had a mini panic attack.

After I calmed myself down, I focused my senses on my surroundings. I could hear deep breathing from somewhere to my right. It sounded like whatever it was, was asleep.

When my eyes adjusted, I could make out a bit more. I saw I was on a bed, but still wrapped in my own blanket.

I was thankful for that, seeing as I tend to sleep with just a thin cami and a pair of short gym shorts.