Epilogue

How Far We've Come

After he has calmed down, Sam regrets the way he treated Caitlin. He's just so distraught over Dean's death and then furious at the thought of a demon possessing his body that he took it out on Caitlin. He pulls out his phone to ask her if she is okay and sees he has a text. He opens it and sees it's from Kevin.

Kevin: Caitlin is with me at my mom's. I figured you'd at least want to know she's safe. I'm sorry about Dean. He was a good man.

He's glad she is with Kevin and not out on her own. No matter how mad he might be, he will always care about her safety. Not to mention, if Dean were alive, he would kill him for letting any harm come to their little Cat. Instead of replying or messaging Caitlin, he scrolls down to Cas' number and hits call.

"Hello?"

"Hey Cas."

"Sam? How's Dean?"

"Dean is.....dead." Sam replies brokenly.

"So Metatron wasn't lying." Cas sighs sadly.

"That's only part of why I called." Sam says.

"What is it?"

"Crowley took Dean. I think he has a demon possessing him."

"What?! Do you have any idea where he is?"

"No. I was hoping you might have some contacts that could help."

"I'll see what I can do. How is Caitlin? It must be hard for her too, losing someone she sees as her older brother."

Sam, still upset, replies "She wouldn't tell me where he is so I kicked her out. She is with Kevin and Mrs. Tran."

There is a long pause before Cas sighs. "At least she is safe with the Trans. You Winchesters are so infuriatingly stubborn sometimes. How do you think your brother would feel about what you did? You know how torn up he was about when he kicked her out. It took months for him to finally forgive himself."

Sam is annoyed by Cas' response and says, "Let me know if you find anything." and hangs up. He leaves the room, shutting the door behind him before going to the kitchen to get a much needed drink. Cas' words bounce around in his head as he sits there, but he refuses to admit Cas was right.

POVPOVPOVPOVPOV

It's been a little over two weeks since Sam kicked me out. Mrs. Tran was very welcoming and even offered to give Sam a piece of her mind. I talked her out of it though. I figure that once Dean gets back, they'll let me come back. I can only hope that's true. At the very least, I pray they'll contact me. I've missed them terribly.

While living here, I've become really happy. There's nothing supernatural, no brothers constantly leaving me alone, and no being stuck in the Bunker. With my hex bag and anti-possession charms, I'm free to go where I will. Kevin and I have spent some lovely days at a nearby park. I finally got to check 'have a romantic picnic' off my list.

This morning, Kevin gets a call and leaves quickly. "Hey, Cat?" Kevin calls as he comes in the front door a few hours later.

"In the kitchen!" I holler, stirring the pan of macaroni I'm making for lunch. The dough balls for calzone are sitting on the counter to rise. Ms. Tran has been teaching me how to cook since all I knew how to make were frozen things baked in the oven, mac and cheese, grilled cheese, and hot dogs.

"Can you come here?" he asks.

"Just a minute!" I reply, removing the pan and draining the noodles. I quickly stir in the cheese sauce and walk down the hall to the living room, where Kevin is standing with his hands behind his back. "What's up?" I ask, wiping my hands on my apron. It's a ridiculous hot pink that says Kiss the Cook. It's cliché, but Kevin gave it to me so I always wear it.