Chapter Fifteen

She's So Gone

Right after Caitlin disappears, Dean realizes what he just said. "SON OF A BITCH!" he shouts as he punches the wall so hard that he leaves a dent.

"Dammit Dean, how could you say that?!" Sam exclaims angrily to Dean. "You know her biggest fear is us kicking her out and now you drove her away! Why couldn't you just control your temper? I know she was out of line, but that's no excuse for what you did."

"I realize that, Sam!" Dean shoots back. "I was just so angry and worried that I said what I knew would hurt her. Trust me, I know how bad I messed up."

"Do you?" Sam replies, holding up Caitlin's phone. "Now we have no way to contact her or track her down! If something happens to her out there, it's on you." Sam says as he storms out of the room.

Dean looks around the empty room and whispers, "What have I done?"

---------------------------------

In my anger and pain, I hadn't chosen a specific location to land. I end up landing in an alley in some random city, startling a cat that was looking for scraps. I walk out from the alley and see a nearby gas station and convenience store. I decide to figure out where I am. The little store should have a map or someone I can ask. I walk into the convenience store and see Castiel stocking shelves.

"Cas?" I say in surprise. I wasn't expecting to see him, though it's nice to see a familiar face. I quickly try to erase any evidence of how upset I am before he looks up and sees me.

"Caitlin? What are you doing here?" he questions, pausing in his work to talk to me. I can already see the concern on his face. I guess my appearance alone tipped him off that something upset me.

"I had a fight with Dean and I flew off without a destination in mind. I guess I just honed in on you." I reply, trying to work out how I ended up with Cas. I guess I was thinking about him when I took off. I'm glad he's doing well. I felt really bad about how he got kicked out and had actually been planning to track him down before all this crap happened.

"It's dangerous for you out here." he reprimands. He sounds like the brothers, but less overbearing.

"I know. I won't stay long. I'll keep moving to make it hard for anything that might be looking for me." I tell him. It's the same plan I used when I visited Kevin so I figure it should work.

"You should go back to the Bunker." he urges. "That's the safest place for you."

"I can't." I reply, tears welling up in my eyes. "They don't want me there anymore. I can't blame them either, I'm just a burden that attracts trouble wherever I go."

"I'm sure that's not true." Cas tries to reassure me.

"It is, but it's fine. It was nice seeing you again, Cas. I may visit again, if you don't mind." I declare then fly away.

---------------------------------

Back in the Bunker, Dean's phone begins to ring. "Cat? Is that you?" he answers it frantically.