Chapter Seventeen

Welcome to the Jungle

I feel an intense burning sensation, like my entire being is on fire, then nothing. When I open my eyes, I find myself lying in a forest. While normally that wouldn't be incredibly worrying, this forest happens to be incredibly dark, scary, and full of every monster ever created. I'm still wearing Kevin's clothes. I had stolen his clothes after performing the spell to make it as convincing as possible. Judging by my surroundings, I succeeded.

"At least Kevin's safe." I say to myself as I get off the ground and look around. "Cheery." I choose a direction and start walking, harder to hit a moving target after all. I'm under no illusion that this will be easy. I have a powerful aura that will attract every resident of this damnable place. I'm only walking for a few minutes before I'm tackled by what appears to be a vampire.

Before he bites me, I throw him off then whirl around and smoothly slice his head off with my blade. I fly to a new location, knowing the blood will just serve to attract more unwanted attention. Keeping a constant eye out, I continue walking. After the tenth attack, kill, and flight, I realize that staying on the ground is no longer an option. While I can hold my own, I'll never be able to catch a break.

I glance up and fly to a sturdy branch in one of the trees surrounding me. I decide to sit down and rest for a bit. My senses are still on high alert, but my body is relaxed against the trunk. The break doesn't last more than 10 minutes before some sort of monster finds me and begins climbing my tree. With an irritated sigh, I fly off to a new location and the cycle repeats. After what feels like days, I get lax in keeping alert. I land in the millionth tree and decide to take a quick nap.

While I'm napping, a monster climbs my tree and gets me good with its vicious claws. This makes me spring awake, as my left arm is aflame with pain. I yelp in alarm when I see the monster, who is about to give a fatal blow. I quickly fly away as its claws are coming down, aiming for my throat. I land heavily in a new tree and quickly look over my wound. There are four parallel deep slices in my arm.

It's bleeding heavily, so I rip the left sleeve of my over shirt into strips that I tie over the wound. "Dammit!" I whisper harshly, venting my frustration. Now I will be much easier to track with the scent of my blood on me. I then remember the stream Castiel was at when Dean found him during their time here. I quickly fly over and wash in the surprisingly cool, clear water. It feels great getting all the blood and grime off. I get a quick drink then fly off once more.

After just a couple days in Purgatory, I find myself being incredibly impressed that Dean lasted here for months. Of course, he had help, but even with my powers, I'm struggling. I had to fashion part of my shirt into a hair tie to keep my long hair out of my face. I pulled it up into a messy bun and it made things a lot easier, especially when fighting. There was one terrifying time where I almost bit it due to the dragon I was fighting grabbing a handful of my hair and yanking me off balance.

During my constant movements, I find some monsters I recognize from the show. When I see Benny, I foolishly decide to fly down to see him. "Hey, Ben-" is all I manage to get out before he turns on me and attacks.

Startled, I'm a little slow at flying away and he nicks my right shoulder with his blade. Landing slightly woozily in yet another tree, I curse my stupidity. "He doesn't know me, he knows Dean!" I exclaim to myself. "How could I put my life at risk like that?!" I tend to my newest wound, and then continue my constant migration, resting in a tree every so often.

--------------------------------------