Chapter One

The Truth

I set the pen down and close the journal. The boys are still researching for a way to get me back to my time, but Sam sees that I'm done, and turns to me.

"Remember anything else?" he inquires, his face full of hope.

"No, but there is something I need to tell y'all." I answer carefully.

They both look at me expectantly at that. While I was writing my experience down, I realized that if they were ever going to truly help, then they needed to know everything. This includes the fact that I'm from a completely different dimension, one that broadcasts their lives as a TV. This going to go great...

I'm extremely nervous about revealing this. I'm not sure how they will react. Will they be mad that I kept it from them? Will they be wary of me? Will they want me to leave? Will they lock me in the dungeon?

I know I'm overthinking this, but it's a stressful situation and that is my natural response. My heart is beating wildly in apprehension and I'm breaking out in a nervous sweat. I finally just take a deep breath and look straight at them.

"I'm not just a time traveler." I blurt out. Not how I would've chosen to tell them if I was calmer, but it's too late now.

"What do you mean?" Sam asks, staring at me in incomprehension. They both seem a bit more wary and their gazes have become laser focused on me. It's nerve racking to be put on the spot, but I press on.

"I'm not from this dimension." I divulge, bracing myself for their response.

"Wait, what?!" Dean exclaims, puzzled. "How could you possibly know that?"

I go for it and say, "Because in my dimension, you guys are characters on a TV show." I hang my head and wait for their reaction. There's complete silence, so I look up and meet Dean's stormy gaze.

"So, you knew this whole time and you're just now telling us?!" he yells furiously.

"I was trying to avoid it." I quietly reply, ashamed of the anger I had provoked by my silence. "I know how y'all feel about your life being a TV show."

"Wait, are you from the dimension Balthazar sent us to? The one where we became actors and some other actor was killed?" Sam asks intently.

"No, that was all in an episode, so it was a different dimension. Misha is still alive, that angel never killed anyone, and y'all never messed with Jared and Jensen's lives. Oh, and they actually get along like brothers, they were never really not talking to each other."

They just look at me. "Sorry, I'll shut up now." I say, mortified. I had shown a bit of my inner fan girl and I didn't want to freak them out any more. I've always been a bit of a rambler when I'm nervous or put on the spot.

"Hang on." Dean says. I can guess what he's about to ask and I know he won't like my reply. "If you're from the future in a dimension that broadcasts our life as a TV show, then you can tell us what happens!"

I duck my head and mutter "Butterfly Effect."

"What? I couldn't hear you." he says, a bit frustrated with my quiet mumbling.

"She said Butterfly Effect, Dean." Sam responds for me. "It basically means that any small act in the past can change the future."

"So we just ignore the fact that she knows our future and pretend everything is normal?" Dean snarls. "What if her information could save lives?!"

I whip my head up in resentment. "Don't you think I thought of that?!" I snap. "I hate that I can't do anything, but I also don't want to upset the space-time continuum! I've seen enough time travel on movies and shows, including y'all's show. It never ends well."