Chapter Sixteen

Far Too Young To Die

When the boys return, it's time to answer everyone's questions. Kevin saved his for this moment at my request. I'm not a fan of repeating myself. We all grab a beer and sit down in the library. "Alright, what do y'all want to know?" I start off the discussion.

"What have you been doing since you disappeared?" Sam asks.

I give an account of my weeks on the run, stopping to answer questions as they are posed. Sam is very interested in the famous places I visited. I tell them of all the interesting places I went and what I did.

"Did you ever run into any trouble?" Dean asks, channeling the concerned older brother.

"Well....." I stall. He gives me a look that says he won't back down, so I tell him. "There was an angel, a vampire, a witch, and a few other creatures."

"Wait, a witch? It wasn't the Coven, was it?" Kevin questions.

"Funny you should say that..."

"Caitlin..." Dean warns. Full name, he's not in the mood for hedging apparently.

"Yes, she was a Grand Coven member. She captured me, but I managed to escape using skills you guys taught me." I concede.

"Did she hurt you?" Sam inquires.

"Not exactly. She found me because I got my foot trapped in a rabbit hole near her house. I sprained my ankle but it wasn't too bad. It was fine after a few days."

"Who was the angel?" Dean continues the almost interrogation.

"They wouldn't tell me their name, but they were possessing my old best friend." I reply, still upset by that little fact.

"Was that the girl you attacked in your hometown?" Sam asks.

"Yeah. They were following me so I tried to figure out why. They wanted to use me as a bargaining chip to get back into Heaven." I reveal. "Oh, and I killed the vamp. He put up a good fight though." I tell them cautiously. I know better than to hide it, but I'm not sure how they'll react.

"Great job, Cat!" Sam congratulates.

"Your first successful monster kill! I'm glad you got to put your training to good use." Dean applauds, slapping my back proudly.

We continue to talk for a while before we all decide to call it a night.

----------------------------------

"You go ahead, I'll catch up in a minute." Kevin tells Caitlin. She shrugs and continues down the hall. Kevin goes to the kitchen to get a drink of water and is cornered by the brothers.

"So, what were you doing in Cat's room the other day?" Dean starts, arms crossed. He is the picture of intimidation, towering over Kevin and glaring down at him.

Kevin becomes nervous, staring up at the extremely protective men. "I asked if I could stay. I was worried about her leaving again." he admits.

"What are your intentions toward our sister?" Sam asks, towering over Kevin on his other side, effectively trapping the poor boy.

"Ummm, well...we're a couple I suppose. We both admitted our feelings." he stammers.

"Let me rephrase that. Are you planning on making your relationship physical soon." Dean growls.

"W-What?" Kevin responds in shock at Dean's bluntness.

"Because if you are, you should know that she may not be ready after everything she's been through. If you hurt her, you won't survive to the next day." Dean continues, menacingly.