Chapter Nine

VERY IMPORTANT A/N!

Warnings: this chapter contains mentions/allusions to sexual assault. If this makes you uncomfortable, feel free to not read this chapter. I'll throw in a quick summary of this chapter with my next update so you won't be completely lost.

Tainted Love

He was right, by the end of the week I could hit the targets every time, but rarely the bull's eye. Of course, during that time the brothers catch a case. Since it is in this state, they allow me to stay here by myself.

I know they are nervous about it considering what happened last time I was here alone, but I assure them that I absolutely will not open the door for any reason. "Promise?" Dean asks for the hundredth time.

"Yes mom, I promise. Now go save some people and quit worrying about me. Y'all have trained me enough that I can hold my own now." It's true. I can shoot, engage in close combat, and I know a lot of lore on various creatures.

"Okay." Dean concedes. "But you better check in every day. If you miss a day, then we are coming straight back here." I know he means it. They're both overprotective, which is as endearing as it is frustrating.

"I will, now GO!" I shout exasperatedly as I shove them out the door. I listen for the sound of the Impala starting up before I relax. I was worried they would change their minds and leave me at the houseboat again. While I love spending time with Kevin, I hate feeling like he's babysitting me. He's only a few weeks older than me, after all.

They're only gone for 3 days this time. While they are gone, I just work on my training, hoping one day they'll let me go with them. They haven't even mentioned the possibility, which is a bit disheartening. I've decided to try extra hard to prove my worth to them.

"So, what was it this time?" I ask as they walk in, bags slung over their shoulders.

"Vampires and hunters younger than you in over their heads." Dean replies, coming over and ruffling my hair. He is definitely the annoying older brother. Sam is more caring and supportive while Dean is irritating and protective.

I remember when Dean decided to prank me by putting whipped cream on my hand. Unfortunately for him, I'm a light sleeper. When I felt him do that, I concentrated on my senses and figured out where he was. When he tickled my nose, he was the one who got a face full of creamy deliciousness. His face was golden! He looked so confused and shocked when I opened my eyes and grinned impishly at him.

"How's Krissy?" I ask, to the shock of them both. I should quit doing that. At the same time, however, their reactions are always priceless. It's hard to catch the two of them off guard typically, so I enjoy doing it.

"I don't think I'll ever get used to you knowing so much about our lives." Sam replies after recovering from his temporarily shocked state. "But Krissy is good. She's turned into a good hunter and a great kid."

"How are you?" I ask him immediately. They may worry about me, but that doesn't mean I can't worry about them too. I'm especially worried about Sam. He's been getting steadily worse, though he tries to hide it.

"I'm fine. Why do y'all have to make such a big deal about it?" Sam replies defensively. I decide to let it go. I'm getting good at reading when it's okay to pursue a topic, and when I should just drop it.

"What did you do while we were gone?" Dean asks. I'm not sure if he's just trying to change the topic or if he genuinely wants to know, but I answer anyway.