1// The Slave

Shaurya :

After all the years of suffering, Veer was free from that stupid orphanage. It had been ten years since I had seen him.
Now he was a young man of twenty five. I was absorbed in thoughts when I saw him walking out of the orphanage gates. As he walked out his black hair flew backwards because of the soft and welcoming gale of the morning.

He had a muscular frame, quite unlike with what I had once seem him as.

I looked at him from his head to toe. He wore a black shirt with blue jeans.
"Hey Shaurya! ", he called onto me, while walking up, across the road.
" Yes. I'm.. I'm coming. ", I mumbled coming out of my trance.

When I had seen my younger brother he was a stout boy but now he looked like one of the tall, dark, handsome men who are the typical collage studs. I was never one of them with my ordinary dark brown hair and black eyes.

I walked down towards him.
"I am so happy to meet you, brother! ", he said hugging me tightly.
" Same here. ", I replied hugging him back.

I was around five years elder to him. He was a child of fifteen when we had lost everything we inherited. Mom had put him into the orphanage but not me because I was quite mature at that point of time and moreover mom needed support.

" Where is mom? How is she? ", he asked.
" She is fine or well.. maybe not. ", I replied while looking down at the road below, in shame.
" Why? What do you mean? ", he asked concerned.
" Actually after admitting you here we had gone to uncle's house to stay, but even he had tourchered us. One day, suddenly Akhilesh Khanna arrived there. He spoke to mom privately about something and then we shifted back to our mansion. He made us stay in the outhouse. We were made to work the whole day and since then we are working as his slave. He treats mom with disrespect and as of me, he doesn't consider me to be a human being.", I said.
I couldn't look into his eyes. I was ashamed of myself.

" Then why on earth didn't you do anything?! ", he said. His anger was evident. He had always been a short tempered person.
" I didn't have a choice. Well, let's not talk about this. Now you have come and together we can avenge dad's death. Come on, let's go to our mansion. ", I said changing the topic slightly.
" Yes. ", he said in a calm determined voice. I could sense his controlled anger. It was dangerous.

We reached there soon. Our mansion was huge covering a large area. It had a garden with a waterfall in the center. Veer and I walked into the outhouse where I and mom had been staying.

As mom saw him she had tears of joy rolling down her eyes. It was an emotional moment. They hugged each other tightly. Just then a man entered with heavy steps in a black suit.
"So your other son is here!", he said in his gruff, uninvited voice.

It was Akhilesh Khanna.

I decided to reply because if Veer was saying anything to him it won't be very pleasant to hear, not at least for him.
"Yes. ", I said.
Just then he threw some clothes of a waiter on the tiled floor and said,
" Get him ready for my slavery. "
Saying so with a wicked grin he left.
Veer hadn't said anything. He moved away from mom's embrace. He looked at the clothes if the waiter which were fallen. He picked up those thrown clothes and said in a dangerously determind tone as though telling himself,

" This slave is going to be your destruction, Mr. Khanna! "

After some time,
Veer was ready in the waiter's attires and so was I.
Some guests were supposed to come over to the Khannas' and we were to serve them. I was disgusted but Veer seemed to be in deep thoughts. He was always a very ambitious and ruthless person and I knew today his ruthlessness was on its peak.

He could do anything and everything to destroy Akhilesh Khanna, even murder him straight away.
"I'm ready. ", I told him.
He was seated on the bed in deep thought. He came out of his stance and got up.
" Then let's go. ", he said and got up. Both of us walked out of the outhouse into the mansion which had been decorated beautifully. I looked around in awe while Veer looked around searching for something or rather someone.

" You are looking good, young man. ", Akhilesh said as he walked up to both of us.

" I know, sir. ", Veer said with a smile, a fake smile.
I was sure he was acting but what bothered me was what was his plan.
He had something in mind and as far as I knew him he was too revengeful to forgive Akhilesh for insulting him.

"Good. I like your confidence. You must serve me and my beautiful daughter only. Remember, if my daughter tells about anything not being her way it won't be very good fit your health.", He said and moved away to speak to sone guests.

"Who is his daughter? Must be as disgusting as him.", Veer whispered to me.
"His daughter's name is Shweta. Don't worry she is much better than him. ", I replied.
"We will see soon. Till then I need to know certain things about our mansion. I have forgotten quite a lot.", He said with a smile.

He walked away from me towards the flight of staircase which stood directly opposite to us.
"Where are you going?", Akhilesh asked from behind him.
"Checking if your 'beautiful' daughter requires anything.", He says as he walked up. Akhilesh didn't think much about it. He thought he had won. He went upstairs and marched across the corridor to find the door of one of the rooms ahead open with the lights turned on.

He couldn't help his curiosity and walked up to it. Little did he know that it belonged to his greatest enemy's daughter.

.....

What do you think about this chapter??

Comment and vote and share! 💕💕