9//The Waltz

" WHAT?!", I let out an exclamation. I had literally forgotton!                             "Yes, Shaurya!", Grandma told me, not quite glad about my forgetfulness.                                                                                                                       " Shweta, now I want you to make Veer's birthday special. I don't know it has been how many years since his birthday has been celebrated. Please think of something, dear.", Grandma then turned to Jaanvi and me and said, "Both of you also help Shweta. Shaurya do you get it?", Grandma said quiet aware of my forgetfulness.

We had the whole day to discuss. Actually Veer had gone for a business meeting to a nearby city and would be back by night time. All of us went to Shweta's room and started the discussions for the next day.

"Wake up ,Veer! It's morning.",Shweta woke up Veer. He couldn't really believe his biggest enemy was waking him up so sweetly.
He sat up.
"Can't believe! Am I seeing a dream? Where has the sun risen from? The great Shweta Khanna, oops, Shweta Veer Chauhan waking me up so nicely!", He said trying to irritate Shweta.
"Okay, I know. Now get ready. You have some work to be done. ", Shweta replied calmly and left the room.
Veer grinned at himself unknowingly and got changed to his white shirt and navy blue blazer.

When he came out of his room he was more than amazed, shocked to see what he saw.
A lovely painting of our family with dad, mom, grandma, him and me in it.
He could feel his eyes get moist.
Veer loved dad the most and for him no one was more important than him. Thus was the reason that when he was murdered Veer slowly turned to the ruthless person he had now become.

He went near and held it up from the canvas. It depicted dad with his pleasant smile with the rest of us looking like a happy family. Veer has tears in his eyes. I had never seen him that happy.
Just then he turned towards us who stood on his right.
" Happy Birthday Veer!", We all wished him together.

He rubbed his tears off and with a voice still numb, said,
"Thank you so much!"
"Don't thank us, Veer. ", Mom said.
"Yes. Please don't. It was Shweta's idea to present this to you. She has painted it herself, with a help of one of your dad's old photographs. We were thinking of a big party but then she told us that nothing could make you more happier than this.", Grandma said in agreement to mom.

Veer turned towards Shweta who stood at the corner. Veer slowly walked towards her. Shweta stood still.
"Thank you so much! No gift would have made me more happier than this. Though you are my enemy's daughter you understood me better than my friends but you missed out on one thing.", Veer said.
"What?", Shweta asked looking scared.
Veer edged close to her and said, "Yourself."

Shweta's eyes grew moist. She looked at him dumbfounded.
"Me?", She asked looking deep into his eyes.
"Yes, you.", He said the last word distinctly.
It was evident from their behaviour that their feelings had softened for each other. Mom and I couldn't help but look at each other at this.

"Veer, hope I'm not disturbing.", Jaanvi interuptted their eye contact and said,
"Tonight we have planned a ball on the context of your birthday. ",She looked.
Veer immediately rubbed off his tears and said,
"That's good but it has been quite some time I waltzed."
"It's okay. You are not participating in a competition. Just get ready in your best formals.", I said.
"Okay.", He replied and turned back to his room.

"What are you wearing?", Shweta asked as she entered the room to find Veer rummaging his cupboard.
"That's exactly what I'm trying to find. My black tuxedo.",he said trying hard to find it.
Shweta walked up to him and said,
"Maybe I can help.", She said as she handed Veer a new tuxedo which she had ordered yesterday.
"Thanks.", Veer said as he took it.
"What are you wearing?", He asked.
"A gown."
"Wear the purple one. It looks good on you.", He said as Shweta nodded.

That evening everything was ready and the guests had come but Veer and Shweta were still busy getting ready.
After a while I noticed Veer leading Shweta down the stairs holding his hand. Just the way he had done when they had first met but that time his face showed loath. Today, his face showed pleasure. As they walked down the hall erupted with claps and the ball began.

I was standing beside Jaanvi who looked adorable but I didn't want to tell her that. Maybe I was shy.
"What do you think Jaanvi? Do they like each other.", I asked Jaanvi while she was walking with me behind Shweta and Veer.
"Shaurya, they just don't like, they love each other.", Jaanvi reply.
I nodded my head in agreement as Veer and Shweta began waltzing.

There was a certain spark in their dance. Veer looked at Shweta as though she was the fantasy he had always dreamt of and Shweta looked back at him as though he was his Prince Charming.
After looking at them for quite some time I looked to my side to find Jaanvi not accepting one of the many offers for dance which she had received.

"Will you not dance?", I asked her.
"I'm not getting the suitable partner.", She replied not looking at me but I knew she wanted to say something.
I placed my hand in front of her and said,
"If you don't mind, may I?", J asked her as her eyes suddenly brightened up.
She immediately placed her hand on mine and said with a slight blush,
"Why not?"
We danced the whole evening just the way Shweta and Veer had.

"It was good, wasn't it?", Shweta said as she was standing in front of the dressing table trying to open her necklace as Veer sat on the bed as though in deep thought.
" Yes. It was.", He said as he looked at her.
He stood up and walked up to her. He slowly opened the necklace which she was struggling with.
Shweta looked at his reflection on the mirror. There was something in his eyes that night. Something he wanted to tell her, some secret he wanted to say.

...

Loveeeeeeee💖💖💖💖

Vote and comment! ❤️