4// Plots & Marriage

Shweta looked really helpless, she kept on looking at Veer with the appeal of some pity but my brother was as tough as a stone, heartless as I have always said.

The maid pulled Shweta away from the scene. Just then Veer's cellphone rang. He picked the call.
As he was listening to the caller his sheer disappointment was getting evident. He soon kept the phone disgusted.

"What's wrong Veer? ", I asked looking at the silent storm which had already begun.
" Akhilesh has escaped from the police with revolver! ", he said irritated.
" Revolver?! ", I said shocked.
" That means he is going to kill you! I am sure of that. We need to do something about it. ", I continued.

" Yes. I don't know what should I be doing?! He is a disgusting man by all means! Once I find him unarmed I'll definitely murder him!", he said disgusted.
" Alright let's go to the bedroom and think about all this. It must be kept secret. ", I said trying to make in calm.

In the bedroom Veer, mom and I were sitting in deep thought. It had become a life risk now, Akhilesh could do anything to get the property. There was no wonder if he suddenly arrived someday with that revolver he had stolen.

Just then I got a marvellous idea but I lacked one thing, courage, to tell Veer. I knew he would never agree but then, I didn't have a choice. I couldn't think of anything better.
I begun with a low voice,
"Veer, I have an idea. "
" What idea, Shaurya?", Veer said looking at me as though I was the sole hope he had in his life.
"Well...", I gulped nervously and continued, "Why don't you marry Shweta?"

At this Veer gave me a very dangerous look, as if I had asked both of his kidneys. I decided to talk to him in a composed manner, making sure he didn't kill me.

"Actually you see, Akhilesh loves his daughter, Shweta the most and now if you marry her then he will not consider murdering you because no father would like to see his daughter as a widow. So you see this marriage shall be profitable to you. ", I said trying to explain my point.

Just then mom, who was sitting on the bed got up and said,
" Yes, Veer. Shaurya is right. Marry her and maybe Akhilesh will not do anything to you. ."

"But mom-", Veer tried to say but was cut off by mom.
"No more arguements. I have already lost your father, I cannot afford to lose anyone anymore.", She said rigidly.

Veer sat back in deep thoughts.

"I will marry her!", at last Veer said his conclusion after a long thought.

I was pretty unsure about it, after all he hated Shweta so much, then why on earth was he ready to be married? "Are you sure, Veer?", I asked.
"Yes, I am. ", he said with a grin which didn't look like a very kind one.
Not a good sign.
" Okay, I'll call the priest and we can decide for the date. ", mom said.
" Why? I will marry her today! Ask her to get ready! ", he replied looking through the window into the outhouse where Shweta was locked.
" But.. ", mom tried to say but I interrupted saying,
" It's okay, mom. Let him marry today. I'll make all the preparations for the marriage. ", I said, glad with the fact that at least he was marrying her, what if his mood changed?
" But ask Shweta once, Shaurya. ", Veer said still looking outside.
I had completely forgotten about her. She would never agree to marry her dear dad's greatest rival.
" I'll.. I'll ask. ", I said and walked briskly to the outhouse.

She was sitting in one corner of the room, crying. Her eyes had swollen. As I walked in she got up and said,
" Why are you here Shaurya? I thought you were a good person. But-But I was wrong! You are also like your heartless brother Veer! Go away! Please.", She said pleading but what had to be said had to be said.

I cleared my throat and begun,
"I know that us the way the world is. Your dad had murdered my dad and I shall never forgive him neither will my brother and you have to accept the truth. "
" I don't care! Neither about you nor that disgusting Veer. I hate him! And I hate you too! I hate all of you! I-"
I interuptted her saying,
" You have to marry Veer! ", I went straight to my point and told her.
She stood shocked for a while, not getting what I said.
She stared for a second, dumbfounded.
"Wh-What?", She asked thinking that she had misheard something.
"You have to marry my brother. You have to marry Veer.", I said making myself distinct.
She didn't know what to say but then at last after a long thought with the same blank expression, she said,
" I will marry him, Shaurya. "
I couldn't believe my ears! I stared at her for a while. Was I dreaming?
Veer was ready to marry her, she was ready to marry him.
Still, I didn't show her my shock and stayed composed.
" The marriage is tonight. ", I said.
" Alright, don't worry. Just send a maid for me to help me get ready for the marriage. ", she replied looking away.
" Okay. ", I said and started walking out of the room quiet confused.

I knew the things were going the wrong way because neither was Veer nor Shweta people who could forgive others easily.
What ever it was, it was not very good.

...

Don't forget to vote and comment! ❤️
And shareeee