11// Her Scars Hurted Him

I didn't know what to do, neither did Veer have any ideas. Just then we heard someone's footsteps, it was Akhilesh.
"How are you son - in - law? ", he said in a wicked voice.
Veer clenched his fists, trying to control himself from doing anything that would be wrong.
" Oh! So no answer. Fine. I like this Veer! You forced me to run away the last time, But what will you do now? You have no way out, just like your father!", he replied in the same cold manner.

And then he turned and left.
" I WILL KILL HIM! ", Veer shouted after he was gone. Neither he not I couldn't do anything as our other family members were under his imprisonment and more over we were locked in a room which didn't have any way if escape.

Suddenly Veer started rolling his eyes around the room to find a way out; no way. It was a small room with only one door and two small windows with railing on them.
"I want to get out of here! ", Veer shouted again in rage.
Then he got up and started banging the door restlessly.
" Open it Akhilesh! Open it you coward!", he shouted.
I hadn't ever seen him that way. Somehow he was turning weak from inside.
" Does he have a weak side of himself?" I thought to myself.
Then I got up and kept my hand on one of his shoulders and said,
" Cool down, Veer. We will be able to go out. "

At this Veer calmed down. He was  breathing heavily. He was tired. He walked far from the door and went and stood near one of the windows trying to catch his breath.
I turned towards him.
Just then suddenly the door opened behind me. As I realised I turned in haste. It was Jaanvi. She was trying to catch her breathe.
"Jaanvi? ", I stared at her for a while. I had thought that she was under Akhikesh's imprisonment. She immediately came and hugged me with tears in her eyes.
After a while she released me and said,
" See we don't have enough time, so just take your brother and come with me. ", she said.
I signalled Veer and he came jogging towards me and both of us went out of the room with Jaanvi.
" Where's Shweta and everyone? ", Veer asked.
" Veer, I don't really know about everyone but yes, Shweta is with father, Imprisoned. She is being torchured and brainwashed. ", she replied still in haste.
" Imprisoned, why? ", I asked.
" I'll tell you everything later, now please let us leave. ", she replied and then we didn't speak another word..

We were soon out, standing under the full moon.
" Now say, what happened why is Shweta being torchured and brainwashed? ", Veer asked in concern.
" Okay, I'll tell you everything.. ", she begun.

"Yes, say now!", Veer said getting impatient.

Jaanvi begun,
" After both of you left for office suddenly we heard the sound of a gun shot. All of us from wherever we where came running to see what had happened. It was dad who stood there with a revolver in his right hand aimed towards the ceiling. As he saw all of us there he pulled down his hand and let it rest on his side.
He said,
"So everyone's here I see. "
He said with a dangerous smile. I knew that dad wasn't here for any good.
He slowly went towards your mom and pulled her by her hand. She howled in pain but none of us could do anything. He made her his gun point and said,
" I am here to take back what was forcefully taken away from me! "
" You are here to take what wasn't yours ever! ", your mom replied still in pain.
" SHUT UP! ", dad said and signalled the guards to come towards us.
" Catch every one except my darling, Shweta. ", he ordered.
" NO! ", Shweta said revolting.
" No one will do anything. ", she said and then turned towards dad and said,
" Dad don't do this. Please. They haven't done anything wrong to you. Please leave them. ", she said in our defence.
" You are going against me for them, Shweta? ", dad asked her astonished.
" Yes dad. Because they haven't done anything. Please dad, they are innocent. ", she said.
" What?! They are innocent! They have stole me of my property and they are innocent?! You have lost your mind or what?! ", dad said getting irritated of Shweta's changed behavior.

" No dad. It is their property that you had taken over- ", before Shweta could completely dad said at last irritated of her,
" Even catch hold if her and put her with all of them! ", he said.
" But dad... ", Shweta tried saying but dad shouted at her,
" SHUT UP YOU FOOL! They are more important to you than me, right? So suffer with them! ", saying so he left your mom and the guards held them and locked them up in a room and Shweta and I were taken to dad's room. I had to act in front of dad because I knew that when both of you would come I would have to save you but Shweta.
She didn't, she continued revolting against dad and at last now dad got irritated of her and have asked the guards to whip her with the belt for ten times. She's in pain and I need to leave you both here as soon as possible. ", Jaanvi ended at last

Both Very and I were shocked. Why did Shweta take our side and not her dad's? What's wrong with her?
" Don't think too much, now leave. ", Jaanvi said looking at our tensed expressions.
" I want to meet Shweta for the last time and leave. ", Veer said determined.
" It would be dangerous. ", Jaanvi replied.
" I don't care! ", Veer said and walked straight into the back door through which we had come out. Jaanvi was going to stop him but I held her hand signalling her not to because I knew that Veer was very determined this time and even the Gods could stop him from reaching Shweta.
It seemed as though her scars hurted him.