6// The Betrayal

It was a beautiful girl of twenty eight. She walked in her blue jeans and black crop top with her red coat on. Her name was Jaanvi Khanna, Shweta's elder sister and one of the wildest girls I have ever met. She never really loved her dad, as Shweta did, basically she never loved him at all!
That's because she knew what her great dad had done as she had seen it with her own eyes! She had tried to explain this to Shweta but she never really wanted to hear her.

She and Shweta were opposites. If Shweta was polite she was rude. But well only at one place did they match, their looks. Both of them looked like celestial maidens. I had always enjoyed her friendship because she never had friends because of her rude and in better words moody behavior. Veer, at my side, was staring at her.
"Shaurya! ", she said and came towards me and hugged me tightly.

"I'm so proud of you mister. You finally did what I wanted for ages.", She said in a soft whisper and then released me. I am sure I blushed but thank God she didn't notice it.
Then she called a servant and asked him to keep her luggage bag in her room.
" Nice to meet you after so many days.", I said with a smile.
Then I introduced her to Veer who was still staring at her.
"Veer! It is so good you see you! I was hoping to meet you since ages.", She said taking him out of his stance.
" Yes. Same here. Nice to meet you Jaanvi. ", he said.
Then she turned towards me and asked,
" Where is Shweta? I heard she married your brother. "
" Oh yes! I'll just get her called. ", I said and as I turned I saw Shweta come down the stairs, even she had a scar on her forearm, better words a bruise. Veer and Shweta hated each other just too much to bear the other for even a night. I didn't know what would they do the rest of their life.

Just then Jaanvi went close to her sister and hugged. Even she had noticed the bruise but had decided to ignore it. She knew exactly what to notice and what not to.
"So now you are Mrs. Shweta Veer Chauhan, right? ", Jaanvi said with a pleasant smile.
" Yes. ", Shweta said trying to hide her disgust to the fact.
" Well, Miss Jaanvi Khanna, I would prefer you to take some rest and then we would meet at the dinner. ", Veer said.
Shweta evidently didn't like the interruption as her expression changed.

" Well, all right. As you wish. Shaurya am I meeting you sooner than dinner? ", Jaanvi asked.
"I don't think so.", I replied and she walked back to her room with slight disappointment which was soon erased by her sister's words.

" Do you like Jaanvi, Shaurya? ", Veer suddenly looked at me and asked.
" No.. I mean yes, I quiet like her but why? ", I said.
" Just like that. ", Veer said and walked off, he is just too difficult to understand!

That night when Veer entered his room Shweta was sitting near the window on a chair and was looking outside.
" What do you think you are doing? ", Veer said.
" Nothing at all! ", Shweta replied, her voice numb, evidential to the fact that she had been crying.
" Sorry for yesterday. ", Veer said.
" Why? It was me who brought the knife, it was not your fault alone. ", Shweta replied as the soft sound of sobbing continued. She finally got up from the chair rubbing off her tears walked up to Veer.

" I am going to sleep in the balcony, I don't want anyone to notice.", Veer told her trying hard not to look into her eyes.
"Okay, but what if anyone comes to know? ", Shweta replied, her tone completely changed. She spoke to him normally without the hateful tone.
" Not a big deal. In any case I don't think we should care about what others think.", Veer said and continued,
" And I am sorry for the interruption today in the morning while you were speaking to your sister. ", Veer said as he turned to leave. He didn't look at her.
" How do you know? ", Shweta asked, not sure how he knew what she felt. He didn't seem to be the person who would care about anybody else's feelings.
" Just thought that you were annoyed, showed on your face. ", he replied and left leaving her confused about his behavior.
" How can he read my expression so well? ", she asked herself.
She knew he hated her but somewhere he seemed to have a humanly side.

Next day I woke up early in the morning when I saw Veer taking a walk in the garden.
I walked up to him.
"What is wrong Veer? You are here, now? ", I asked him.
" Nothing Shaurya. Just messed up in life. ", he replied looking towards the grassy ground.
" Why? "
" Shweta, what else? I can't stay with her this way. I know that there's no need to say sorry but I still end up saying sorry to her.. I really have no idea what is happening! ", Veer replied quiet irritated.
" I think you need to stay alone. ", I said trying to understand his feelings and left.

It was two in the noon when I was in my room, taking rest. Suddenly I heard the sound of people screaming and shouting. I ran outside. I saw a maid servant running.
I stopped her and asked,
" What's wrong? "
" Sir, Veer sir's life is in danger! Akhilesh has bought a rifle and has aimed at him! ", saying so she ran away terrified.

I hastily ran down the stairs, it was Akhilesh, but who on earth let him enter?! I looked at Jaanvi, she was as terrified as any other person there. Her face had turned white as she stood beside Veer. I couldn't think of anything. The only soul who wasn't there was Shweta! Only she could have helped Akhilesh!
...

Happy Friendship day!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️