3// The Last Will

"Is it paining?", Veer asked pulling her out of her stance.
"I-No. No it is not painting any more.",she said startled as he stood up and held a hand out to her which he held and stood up.
"Now, don't fall again.", He said and turned towards a cupboard which stood on the other side of the room. Everything was too dusty to be cleaned.

Veer opened the cupboard shoving off the dust on the things inside. He quickly started looking at all the papers in the cupboard. Finally after a tedious fight with the dust he found what he had been searching.
Certain legal papers.
He turned back towards the door. Shweta stood looking at him. She followed him as he walked out and called for a taxi.

"Take her to the Khanna Mansion. Safely.", He said the last words quiet distinctly.
"Sit. ", He said and payed some amount of money to the taxi driver and walked off in the dark.
Sheets couldn't help but stare at his disappearing figure as the taxi started moving.
"Who was he? The man who wanted to kill my father or who thinks it is justified to make sure that the girl he had held hostage should reach her house safely?", She wondered.

Back in the Khanna Mansion, I walked back to the outhouse where mom was busy cooking food for us. I walked into the kitchen and asked,
"Mom, is Veer here? "
" No, He was with you right? ", she said turning towards me in astonishment.
" He isn't here? Then where did he go?", I said to myself.
I turned towards mom, who seemed to be worried now, and said,
"Mom it's nothing, everything's fine. "

It was getting late and next day was going to be tedious.
I went to bed. I knew that Veer was someone who, if determined to do something would do it, whatever it might take.
It was around four in the morn when I heard a knock on the door. Mom was asleep so I decided to open it. It was Veer. He was quiet out of breath.

"Where had you been?! ", I asked him."
"I was busy finding an evidence. Now let me enter. I'll tell you all about it. ", he said and walked in.
He sat on the bed and relaxed.
" Look at this will, Shaurya. ", he said showing a piece of paper.

I walked up to him shutting the door behind. I opened the will. It had mentioned of the Chauhan Enterpises and Dad's signature.
"What does it say?", I asked.
"This is Dad's last will. He always kept a copy of his wills in the cupboard in our farmhouse. That is where I got this from. It clearly mentioned that after Dad the Chauhan Enterprises and all his properties passes on to his sons without ambiguity. That is, out of doubt that house in just Akhilesh is staying happily belongs to us along with his company.", Veer said.

" It means if we showed this will to the police then Akhilesh is going to be behind the bars. ", I said.
" Yes, exactly!", He said with much enthusiasm.
" Be ready tomorrow morning, we are going to get Akhilesh out of our mansion! ", Veer said with a wicked grin.

Next morning we were off to the police station and soon back with the police.
Akhilesh was busy in a lively conversation with his daughter when we entered.
" Mr. Akhilesh Khanna? ", the inspector asked.
" Yes. ", saying so Akhilesh stood up.
" We have charges against you! ", the inspector said.
" What charges do you have against my dad? ", Shweta said looking anxiously at the policemen.
" Madam, your dad has taken over the Chauhan Enterprises forcefully. The company belongs to Mr. Veer and Shaurya Chauhan and we have an arrest warrant against him! ", The inspector replied rigidly.

He signalled a constable who walked towards Akhilesh who had cold sweat rolling down his forehead.

Akhilesh didn't know what to do neither did Shweta. As the constable came closer Shweta stood in front of her father as though guarding him.
"You can't arrest him! ", she said.
" But he has to! ", Veer said waking towards her, with a wicked grin plastered on his face.

He went near her and tugged her by her arm, hard. She lost her balance and ended up falling on Veer who stood very much like a statue not really bothered about her, while she stared at him in agony.
She tried to free her hand which Veer was still holding but couldn't.

"You are a liar! You-You are doing this because you just want to torchure us! Stop it!", She shouted at him now holding his collar as he held her hand tightly looking past her.
Veer kept on looking at the scene where Akhilesh was being arrested. I could feel his happiness as a grin spread across his face. It was immeasurable!

As the constable was taking Akhilesh Shweta shouted moving away from Veer, still in his tight grip,
"Dad! No! Leave him! Thus man is lying!"
She had tears in her eyes. Even I felt pity for her, but Mr. Veer Chauhan, he was still holding her hand cruelly. He did not care about the tears of the girl who's father had murdered his.
After Akhilesh was taken by the police and everyone was gone Veer called onto a maid servant and ordered, ultimately releasing Shweta from his grip,
"Take her and lock her down into one of the rooms in the mansion! "
Shweta was holding her hand. It was the same hand which was cut yesterday. It was bleeding profusely now.

" Why?! ", Shweta said revolting though her voice was mostly numb as she tried to stop the blood.
" Because this mansion is mine. I own everything in this mansion. The things, the cars, the money and You. Therefore, now that I own you - You will do what I shall ask you to. ", Veer replied looking deep into her eyes as though trying to fix what he has said nicely inside her head.

She knew there was no way out. She was now nothing more than a slave.

...

Vote and comment! ❤️