5 // Together Or Maybe Not

It was evening, everything for the marriage was ready. I was still doubtful about all this that was happening, but well I let it happen the way it was. After all if it could save Veer's life I must let that be.

I was in the marriage hall, standing beside the priest who was getting the things ready.
The hall had been decorated beautifully in a very short notice. All thanks to the event managers.
Just then the priest said,
"Go and bring the bridegroom. "

" Yes. ", I replied and went into Veer's room who was getting ready. He was settling his short hair when I entered the room. He was wearing a Kurta of orange and golden combination which really suited him. It originally belonged to dad and because the marriage was decided in such a short notice mom gave it to Veer and asked him to wear it.
It had fit him well.

" Veer it's time to go. ", I said.
" Yes, Shaurya I'm coming. ", he replied and turned towards me.
He said," How do you think I'm looking, handsome right? ", he said with an excited expression.

I decided to clear my queries which were doing a havoc on my head.
" Veer, what is your plan? Why are you marrying Shweta so willingly? I mean you hate her, she hates you and then you both are marrying each other as though you are marrying your love of life.", I asked.
" As you said, to save my neck and also to take my revenge from her! After all she is the daughter of Akhilesh! She also deserves some punishment and that shall be marrying me, her biggest rival! Don't worry brother, don't. And as of her marrying me, she too is doing it for the same purpose.", Veer replied calmly, with an ungenuine smile, and walked out of the room to the place where the priest was seated.

It was a kind of an elevated stage with fire burning in the middle and was highly decorated on all sides. It looked really lovely. After Veer was gone I too decided to leave.

The priest was doing fine rituals with Veer who looked as though he was very sincere about all that was happening. After a while the priest called for Shweta. Mom went and bought her. She was in a red decorated saree adorned with beautiful jewellery. She looked beautiful, beautiful enough to tempt anyone but not my brother Veer who didn't even bother to look at her. Neither did Shweta want to see him. Their hatred was evident to me and I knew that the reason they were marrying each other was - for revenge.

As she came and sat, all the rituals begun. I was not really seeing what was going on as I was busy in my thoughts of what would they do tonight? I wasn't sure if they could even tolerate each other for a minute and for a revenge they ended up marrying each other?! Really!? I wouldn't have done that!

After some time I came out of my whizzing thoughts and looked at them, they were taking rounds around the holy fire. Shweta was walking in front of Veer, it was the last round. I could see their expression, it was disgusted although the tried to hide it at the best. They were utterly disgusted of all this but couldn't help it.
After that Veer and Shweta sat down back on their seats. Veer then took the vermilion and put it on her hair parting and then he tied the holy necklace round her neck.

Then the priest declared them to be married and asked them to take the blessings of all the elders. They begun with mom and at last came to me. They touched my feet and well it was quiet embarrassing but then I accepted it and blessed them. Though I knew they seriously did not need it because they were not going to stay together for a long time. As Veer stood up straight he hugged me and whispered,
"Shaurya don't get worked up. "
" Don't do anything wrong with her Veer. ", I replied, anxiety evident in my voice, after all the girl had once been my friend.
" That I will. ", he replied with a wicked grin and released me.
Then Shweta hugged me.

And then both of them were taken to Veer's room. I was really worried about everything but decided to stay quiet.

That night Shweta was all ready in Veer's room. Ready? Ready to get him killed, what else.
"Ah, come in Mr. Husband. ", she said as he walked in with a smirk.
She was sitting on the bed but not the usually Indian brides are ought to sit. She was still in her saree but she was standing, doing something with the traditional milk which is given to the groom on the night of marriage.

"Want a drink? ", she asked as he closed the door.
" Want to call milk a drink is it Mrs. Wife? ", he asked as he sat of the bed.
Both of them smirking as though having a mutual understanding of other's hatred and having fun about it.
She walked up to him and held him by the collar of his sherwani.

" Who at all told you it was milk? ", she said handing him the glass of whisky.
Giving it she sat down beside him. They hadn't ever talked officially but for them it didn't seem important, just then Shweta picked up the knife she had kept on the table, away from Veer's eyes.

As she was about to pounce it through his chest from behind he immediately moved away getting her motive and earning a deep cut on his arm.
"I had guessed it! ", he said in wild agony and pulled her by her arm, hurting her.
" Get one thing girl! The next time you are going to try and kill me, I'll get you behind the Bars! ", he said and pushed her purposely on the ground painfully and left with the glass of whisky to the guest room, unnoticeably.

Next morning he and Shweta came down with their disgusted expression and I noticed his scar.
When I asked him he said that it is the symbol of his and Shweta's hatred.
Wasn't this getting too absurd? They were into killing each other now.

Just then someone entered through the main door with a luggage bag.
....

Vote and comment! ❤️
And guess who it is!!