Valentines Day?

Anna (A/N: Make sure to play the music to add to the atmosphere! There will be background music for every chapter!)

I sigh blissfully as I turn a page in my book. It's been too long since I had a day to really enjoy myself! ...Ever since Chrom became the king I've been up to my neck in work! Oh well... I'll do whatever it takes to help my fiance! I guess I must get used to it, though... I will be his queen soon...

Just as I'm about to turn another page, my book is stolen from my hands "Hey!" I look behind me to see my fiance standing there, holding my book and smirking. "I was reading that!" I say, grabbing for my book.

Chrom just holds it out of my reach and laughs "You read too much already, princess! A little break won't hurt you!" He says.

I stand up and growl at him "This is my break. And the only thing that I'll be hurting is you if you don't give me my book back in five seconds!" I threaten.

Chrom steps back a bit then looks at the book "Hmm... Hey, I've seen some of the other women read this. It's supposed to be a romance novel, right?" He asks.

I sigh and cross my arms "Yeah. I know I don't read those that often, but the others were recommending it, so I gave into peer pressure!" I say.

Chrom skims through the pages "I see... Well, you're right when you say you don't normally read this type of junk." He says.

I roll my eyes "Tell me about it. It's so cheesy and terrible! I don't understand why everyone obsesses abut this specific novel!" I say.

Chrom reads one of the pages for a moment "Oh. Haha! I get it now. The reason you don't like it is because you are experiencing this kind of scenario! The good ole prince falling in love with the commoner cliche..." He says.

I laugh "Haha! You're right! I guess that's why I can see everything coming!" I say.

Chrom looks up at me "Oh! There is a reason I wanted to talk to you, actually." He says.

I raise an eyebrow "Oh? You didn't just want to bother me while I was reading?" I ask.

"Oh, haha. Very funny. But no. Anna, do you remember, Valentines Day?" He asks.

I think for a moment "Hmm... yeah... I remember... Sumia and some of the others told me about it. We weren't able to participate in it last year because we were busy with the war, and we had to keep our relationship a secret." I say.

Chrom nods "Yes. I really regret not doing anything with you last year. We were even in Ylisstol for the gods' sake! I felt really bad for not celebrating it with you the first year we were a couple. But, I'm going to make up for it!" He says.

"Why does that scare me?"

"Don't be scared! Anna, this is more simple than it sounds! What is supposed to happen is I have to surprise you with a new event or activity every day for 14 days until Valentines Day!" Chrom says.

I sigh "Oh gods... I never depicted you to be such a hopeless romantic, Chrom." I say.

Chrom gives me an unamused look "Well, like it or not, I'm going to make these next two weeks the happiest of your life! Just you wait, love!" He says, pulling me close to kiss me.

I struggle against him "Ok! Ok! Fine! I'll go along with your silly plan! Geez!"

Chrom sighs "It's not my silly plan! It's apparently tradition! Every couple does this, Anna!" He says.

"Ok then... I have no idea how this kind of thing is done, so I'll just leave you to whatever you're planning..." I say.

"Well... It's at least something... Ok! So tomorrow is the first day! So that means you'll have to prepare yourself for that!" Chrom says.

"And what exactly do I have to prepare myself for, Chrom?"

Chrom caresses my cheek "Well... I can't exactly tell you... But what I'm going to suggest is that you try to find something a bit more formal to wear. I'm sure if you ask some of the ladies they'll be able to provide you with what you need." He says.

I sigh and turn my face into his palm, gazing into his cerulean eyes "Ok fine... Just when exactly should I get ready?" I ask.

"Around 4'oclock in the afternoon would do." He says.

I sigh once more "Ok... I'll admit, this does sound like fun..." I admit.

Chrom laughs and pulls me into a hug "I knew you would eventually come around!" He exclaims, spinning me in the air.

"CHROM, PUT ME DOWN!"

_________________

Oh boy! What does Chrom have in store for Anna? I guess you'll just have to read and find out! Thank you for checking out my 14 Day Valentines Challange, and I hope you're as excited as I am to see what happens!

Currently listening to: Classic: Mkto