Candy

Anna

"I don't understand why people go out of their way to get expensive gifts for their partner, all we really want is chocolate," I said while popping another chocolate in my mouth.

Chrom makes a noise akin to one of agreement, his mouth was too full to speak. He finally swallows his candy and nods. "Yeah, and it benefits the both of us!"

I laugh at my fiance and begin to nibble on a candy with a caramel filling. "Indeed," We continue to eat the chocolates and joke around with one another. "Hey, remember back during the war when we'd pick up the weirdest looking candy we can find in villages?"

Chrom nods. "Haha! Yeah, I remember! We did that ever before we were a couple," he laughs. "If I am remembering correctly, I was the one that found chocolate bacon and from then on we tried to get the weirdest candy we could find during our travels!"

"Remember that prank candy?"

Chrom nearly chokes on a chocolate. "Yes, I do! Lissa's tongue was purple for a week!" he laughs.

I laugh. "Oh, gods! Ah...I would say 'good times' but..."

Chrom shakes his head. "I know. But even then we had fun, despite the war. You really helped me realize that there is more to wars than fighting. It's about the people you care about and protecting them, and you taught me that I'm allowed to have a life outside the war." he said.

I smile at him and pop a chocolate into his mouth. "Hehe! I already know all of that, you dork!" I giggle.

Chrom quickly swallows the candy and laughs. "Well, it's true!" he exclaims, pulling me closer. "You were a huge light in my life back then, and you still are."

I blush and look down. "Oh, stop it! I wasn't the only reason you kept fighting!" I hissed.

Chrom kisses me on the head. "I know, I had multiple reasons, but you were one of my main even before we were engaged."

"What do you mean by that?"

He sighs and rests his cheek on my head. "Well, after knowing you for awhile and forming our close bond, I realized the only memories you were gaining were ones involving war and fighting. I didn't want that. That's why I always went out of my way to have fun with you and mess around. I wanted you to have the memories a normal person should have. And I wanted to end the war so you could live in peace and be able to know a life that doesn't involve war," he admits. "Of course, after time, I had a much better reason to fight for you, but I don't really need to go into that right now when we had a similar discussion on that last night."

I nuzzle his neck and let out a breath. "I see..." I say under my breath. "...Chrom, what...what do you think we would be doing right now if we never fell in love? If we were still just friends?"

He thinks for a moment. "...Well, my guess is that we would be doing something similar to what we are doing right now. But I don't want to think about that. It pains me to think about that. I know that if things were different, or if there are other worlds out there, I know that no matter what, I would have fallen in love with you. I would fall in love with you a thousand times over." he replied, his voice full of love.

I sigh and close my eyes. "And I would fall in love with you a thousand times over as well..."

_______________

Wow, I got this done early! Nice! Now I really want chocolate. Well, anyways. I'm going to go make some cookies now! Thank you for reading and look forward to tomorrow!

Currently listening to: Spontaneous Me: Lindsey Stirling