Dancing

Anna

"Wow! I can't believe so many people came to the celebration!" Lissa exclaims.

I laugh. "Indeed," I said. In honor of Valentines Day approaching, the whole city of Ylisstol was gathered together in celebration. There was music, dancing, food, and lots of excitement! "It's certainly a large event!"

Lissa looks around. "Ugh, Lon'qu is probably somewhere avoiding the women!" she complains.

I laugh once more and pat her on the back. "Well, you should go find him and tell him he cannot escape this woman!" I advise.

Lissa laughs maniacally and grins. "Oh, I'll do more than that!" she declares, running off.

I shake my head and begin to walk around. "That girl..."

I look around at the many people gathered. There are couples, people with their families, and some singles out trying to find love.

As I continue to people watch, I spot a little girl with her father. They are currently dancing and moving along to the rhythm. The girl was too short so she had to stand on her father's feet. It makes me smile.

I wonder if that will ever be Chrom someday...?

"Whatcha looking at?"

"GAH!!!!!"

I jump back and fall into my fiance's arms. "Haha! Calm down, Anna! It's just me!" Chrom said.

I groan and stand up. "How many times are you going to sneak up on me?!" I huff.

He laughs. "As many times as I'd like. Now," he takes my hand. "Would you like to dance?"

I blush and turn away. "I-I don't know how!" I whisper. "I'd just make a fool of myself!"

Chrom laughs and leads me to the dancing area. "It's alright! You don't need to have any dance experience to dance to one of these toons! Just trust me." he reassures me.

I sigh and step closer to him. "Fine..."

Chrom spins me around and we sway to the upbeat rhythm. After awhile, I get used to the music and steps and begin to dance more independently, not relying on Chrom to carry us both through.

"See? You're a natural!" he exclaims.

I smile widely. "Haha! You're right! This is sorta easy!" I giggle.

Chrom and I continue to dance until the music begins to change to a more slow song. Chrom and share a look and almost on instinct, I lean into him and wrap my arms around his neck. He wraps his arms around my waist and begins to slowly sway us to the rhythm.

I've never felt this way before...I never thought I'd feel so happy dancing here with him...I had always dreaded it...but for some reason...he makes my worries go away...Now all I want is to stay here with him forever and never stop dancing!

Minutes pass, but they feel like hours...days...years...lifetimes...all in which I spend with Chrom. I return back to the world when I feel Chrom kiss my cheek. "The dance is over, love..."

I hug him tighter. "Ok..."

"...Are you going to let go?"

"No..."

______________

Ship it like FedEx!!! Sorry, the dancing was not very in depth, like flirting, I have no idea how to do it XD. Anyways, thank you for reading and look forward to tomorrow!

Currently listening to: Begin Again: Purity Ring