silence is golden

It was a warm spring day and my cheeks were red from to much sun. My sunglass shaded my eyes. I held my camera close to me as I took pictures of the ocean. My boyfriend Steve  went out to get us lunch at a near café. My best friend Katelyn was here. She came with her boyfriend Bradley along with us. They were in the water and what I was taking pictures of. I had a week off of school for spring break. It was Steve's idea to take us to the beach. "Sandy I brought you your food." Steve came with our food in his hands. Katie and brad finally came out of the water to eat. Two blonde girls came in there bikinis. They were tan and skinny. Also very pretty. Steve looked at the girls and winked. I just ignored it and ate my food. When I was done I scrolled through my camera trying to find good pictures. Taking pictures was my passion. I loved doing it.

Katie with her blonde hair still wet went in front of the ocean and I told her to stay there it was a perfect shot.

We were all tired and figured it was time to go back home. Steve dropped me and Katie at my house. Katie is going to spend the night. Mom and dad didn't care they loved Katie as if she is their own. I took a shower getting all the sand out in the unwanted places. Then Katie did the same. We hit the bed and fell fast asleep. When we woke up in the morning I  got changed and let Katie borrow some clothes. When i got changed Katie saw a bruise on my shoulder. "Sandy what happened?" She pointed to my shoulder and I said,"I fell and hit the wall. You know how clumsy I am." Her face didn't believe me." Sandy sit down." I did what she said and she looked at me." Sandra what's going on? Evey time I see you there is a new bruise or cut on your body. Last week you had a busted lip and you said you fell and a rock cut it." I shrugged. "Yea that's what happened." She still didn't believe me." Sandy you tell me right now what's going on." I sighed and then tears started to come down my face. Luckily I didn't put my makeup on yet. "Katie,Steve  is beating me. I don't know what to do. I'm too scared to say something. But every time he beats me its my fault. I'm stupid and make wrong decisions." Katie looked at me with sympathy. "How come you didn't tell me this?" I looked down at my feet. "I guess I was scared to tell any one." Tears came down Katie's eyes. She hugged me but touched the bruise. I yelped and she quickly let go of me. "Oh Sandy I'm so sorry." I dried my tears as so did Katie. "Come on let's get some breakfast and head out of here."