lies

We hung around and the whole time the phone was ringing non stop. I didn't answer it. I knew I was going to be in trouble but didn't give a damn.

We decided to watch a movie and I feel asleep half way through it. The door bell was what woke me up. No one answered and then they started to pound on the door. I finally got up to answer. Standing in the door way was no surprise to me but Steve. "Hello Steve." He pushed me to the side causing me to bang the same arm he hurt on the walls." Where is he. I know he's here." I leaned off the wall." Eh where's who?" He turned around and looked at me. He started to charge at me. "You know god damn well who I'm talking about." I started to back away. Him still charging at me I loose my balance and fall. He picks me by my throbbing arm and before I knew it his hand made a red print on my face. This brought tears in my eyes. Bradley who watched everything brought Steve to his arms and gave him a punch in the face. Katie came and gave Steve a good slap in the face also. Steve brought Katie to his attention. He started to charge at her. He was going to hit her but right before his hand connected to her face Bradley got a hold of him. He twisted his arm backwards and guided him to the door. He turned him around to face him and gave him a hard punch causing his nose and lip to bleed. Finally the nightmare was over and he left.

Me and Katie crying on the couch still in shock of what just happened. I went in the kitchen and got a block of ice to put in my face from the hit.

"I'm so sorry guys. I didn't know he was going to do that stuff to you." I knew he was going to do something bad to me but not them. "Its alright Sandy as long as your OK. Well somewhat OK." Bradley stroked my cheek and I flinched. It still stung." Sorry." He gave ma a hug as so did Katie and they left.

I sat there in the darkness home alone again and thought of the tragedy. I started to remember the first time he hit me. He is a very jealous person and he got mad at me for talking to Bradley. That time he didn't know Bradley and Katelyn wasn't going out with him yet. That night he came through my bedroom window and my parents,sister,and brother all went out to eat. When he came he was shouting at me so loud the neighbors heard. He then planted his hand across my face and I stood there in shock holding the spot he hit me and didn't believe it. He then left out my window without saying a word not even sorry. That night I thought of ending the relationship with him but I was too scared. In fact I'm too scared to break up with him now. He got too out of control. In his world he thought it was OK. He thought he could flirt with other girls but I wasn't allowed to even look at anther boy.

I was tired and went to bed. The next day I slept in late. It was a lazy day and no one came over. Only his phone calls were answered. So often Katie called to check in on me. I appreciated what she did. I was just about to doze off and go to sleep when the door bell rang. I expected it to be Steve but it wasn't. No in fact it was the last person I ever would think of that would come here. In my door way was standing John Lennon. I was afraid if Steve saw him here he would freak out. "Hello Sandra." His accent was attractive. "John right? What are you doing here?" He had his hands in his pockets. "I-I just came to just ah tell you something." I invited him in.

"Do you want something to drink or eat?"

"No I just came here to talk to you." I sat down next to him looking into his hazel eyes." Steve is your boyfriend right?" I shook my head yes. This caused him to look down."Sandra." I stopped him there." You can call me Sandy all my friends do." He smiled and then it faded." Sandy today I was strolling the park and I saw Steve with a blonde girl and he was kissing her." My face turned red with anger,embarrassment ,and sadness. Lies,lies is all he told me. Tears is what he brought me. I stayed silent for a moment. "Sandy I'm sorry." I then remembered something." Who asked you to come over here and tell me. I barely know you! I know its all lies. " I was only lying to him and myself. I knew it was true just didn't want to face the truth.

John's POV
---------------------------
My mind was rushing with thoughts. I knew this was a bad idea. Mind your business. Don't hurt her you fool. I told myself. She stood there stunning and I didn't want to hurt her. But that idiot boyfriend of hers is hurting her. I need to do something about it.

Sandy's POV
---------------------------

I didn't want to except the fact that Steve was cheating on me." Thanks for coming over and telling me this" He stood up as so did I and I walked him out the door. I watched him leave till he wasn't in sight any more. I closed the door and the phone rang. Finally it wasn't Steve it was mom.

" Hey sweetie how are things going over there!"

"Fine mom and your vacation?"

"Oh its fine I wish you would of came with us."

"Yea mom but you can't always get what you want. Alright mom I will let you go and enjoy your stay tell dad I said hi and I love him. Bye."

I hung up the phone right after she said bye. I ran upstairs and took a shower. I got ready for bed and fell asleep.