Chapter 2: Yam

KIM POV

I opened my eyes, it roamed around and realized that I'm in a different room, its not the same as the one I used to sleep in. Then I remembered I'm back in my old room in our house. I got up and looked at the window, the sun is setting. I went to the bathroom and washed my face, I got the mouth wash from the cabinet and gargled. After I wipe my face with a dry towel, I'm on my way down the stairs to grab some food, when I heard a familiar voice coming from the living room. I went straight there instead, then saw him...

"Kim!!!!!"

He excitedly called and hugged me.

I released myself from the
Hug.

"Geez Mike! You're acting so gay!"

"I'm just excited to see you again! Haaay, this teenager has grown so fast!"
He messed my hair.

We were laughing when he remembered something.

"Oh, by the way Kim. I would like to introduce your future sister-in-law."
He looked at his back while smiling widely. I didn't notice that he's with someone.

I traced where his eyes were looking into, then I saw the familiar tall, slender and pretty woman. "Yam" My mind spoke .

"Kim, this is Yam, my beautiful wife to be!"
Mike introduced, still grinning from ear to ear.

I was waiting on how will she approach me.

"H-hello Kim! It's nice to finally meet you, Mike told me a lot of things about you!"
She held out her hands and acted as if it's our first time meeting each other.

So I acted the same, I don't want to lie from Mike but Yam has her reasons so I'll just play along. I accepted her hand and say,

"The pleasure is all mine, Yam! I hope my brother only told you the good things."
I winked at her.

Our handshake is interrupted by a ringing sound. Mike excused himself to answer the call.

Woah, talking about awkward.

"Uhh lets sit down?" I offered.

I went ahead and seated on the couch, she sat across me.

"How are you Kim?"
Finally breaking the silence.

"I'm good, how about you Yam? You seem...... happy."
I smiled at her, a sad smile.

She smiled back at me a little.

"Please don't tell your brother about us Kim, I mean on what happened before.. At least not now!?"
She pleaded.

"Why? I don't want to lie to him."

"I will tell him myself, just give me time. Please?"

I took a deep breath.

"OK, but tell him before the wedding."

She wasn't able to answer because Mike already came back.