Chapter 25: Whaaat?

PIE POV

I woke up late the following day, it's still raining hard that's why I slept in. I checked my phone and I still haven't received any message from Kim, I just pushed it aside, got up and went straight to the bathroom. After my morning regimen, I went down and found the others eating brunch in the kitchen. It seems that I'm not the only one who enjoyed the bed weather.

"Good Morning Pie! Come, let's eat!"
Jane said while munching some food in her mouth.

I went there and sat down on the vacant seat.

"Who cooked this?"
I asked

"We just ordered it from the restaurant and had it delivered here. It's still raining, no one wants to go outside."
Puey explained.

I just nodded and started eating as well. Suddenly, the door flew open and Mike went in. A bit drench eventhough he brought an umbrella with him.

"Let's eat Mike!"
My friends offered.

I didn't mind him much, because of what happened to us last night. I just continued eating.

"Thanks, I already ate! I was just fixing some stuff with the admin of this resort."
He explained.

"Were you able to contact Yam?."
Fern asked.

I'm also waiting for his response.

"Not yet, I watched the news and it seems that a lot of infrastructures were ruined to the place where they are right now. It also says on the news that the tower of a telecommunication company was badly damaged. Signal is really hard on their end."
He said.

"So what's the plan?"
James asked this time.

"To tell you guys the truth, I went to the admin to cancel the wedding."

"Whaaaaaaat?"
That's everyone, we are all shocked.

Mike's face is unreadable it's just blank. I felt nervous, Oh my don't tell me.... that Yam and Kim got back together? I wouldn't be able to bear it.

He continued speaking.

"The weather seems like it will not clear up soon. Flights in Manila are being delayed, so our parents and other visitors can't make it. Also Yam and Kim were still unreacheable, so realistically speaking we have to reschedule everything. I'm just glad that the management still gave me the 75% of what I paid for, they also said that it was really unexpected."

"It's alright bro! We understand."
John went to console Mike.

"I'm really sorry for taking too much of your time guys."
He apologetically say.

They told him not to feel sorry because we understand the situation.

The supposedly wedding day came. And the weather is still not good but atleast it is not as hard as the previous days. It has been almost 3 days, no Yam and no Kim. I wanted to ask Mike so bad, but I still feel shy and awkward with how I talked to him last time. Came night and the rain already stopped, Our flight is tomorrow and we called the airlines; they said that normal operations will resume tomorrow. I don't feel so happy about it unlike the others, because that only means that we will go without Kim and Yam.

We were gathered in the living area and drinking a bit to commemorate our last day in this beautiful island.

"Thank you so much to everyone who gave us their precious time. It's sad that we weren't able to proceed with the event due to some contraints, but I still hope that you guys had fun, with your stay here and will still consider joining us when we finally be able to continue where we left off."

"We're always here for you bro!"
Kevin said.

Mike smiled and continued.

"Tomorrow, we'll all go back home just as planned. Thank God that the storm has cleared up."

"How about Yam and Kim?"
Puey asked.

"Yam called me 2 hours ago using the phone in the hotel that they were staying, They didn't know the number of this resort that's why it took a lot of time before they were able to call. I told her that we'll go back home tomorrow. She said that they'll take a flight there instead, because it will be a hassle if they still go here. I'll just bring their things."
He continued saying some other stuff but I didn't listen. I'm thinking about Kim, why didn't he called me. Yam was able to speak with Mike, why didn't he do the same? A lot had been going inside my mind.

I woke up with a bad headache. I tried to think of what happened last night... we were drinking then I heard the news about Yam who called and Kim who didn't even leave a message for me.

It was supposedly for celebration and relaxation but I wasn't able to control myself, I must have drank too much. I went straight to the bathroom and washed my face, I also brushed my teeth thrice... My mouth tasted really bitter. I got out of the bathroom and fished my phone, the time is 12:33PM. I looked at it again,I'm not mistaken. The flight!!!!!!! oh myyyy it's 12:00PM, did we just missed the flight? Wait..... Where is everyone? I looked around the room that I shared with the other girls, there's no one around. The luggages were gone only mine was left, and there are nothing left in the wardrobe. I went out of the room and check the entire villa. I'm alone!!!!!!!! What's happening?????

My tears began to fall... I hate the feeling of being alone. Why did they do this? Kim left me and now... Even my friends left me! T-T this is too much!

The doorknob suddenly twist. Someone is here! Hooray! When I saw the person on the other side of the door, I'm surprised!

"Kim? What are you doing here?"

-> Slow update sorry....I'm lost with words lately, things that is happening drained me. Limited choices... But eventhough the sun refuse to shine to where you are right now. We still have to think positively, God might be preparing something that we least expected. So please give me a bit of sunshine .... Vote, comment and add this to your reading list :)

Have a great day!