Chapter 16: Present VS Past

PIE POV

I know that Kim is sincere about what he told me. Yam still might have feelings for him, I mean she told me everything about what happened to her in the US, we're cousins and close friends as well, I even envy her relationship during those time. That is before she told me that she saw a woman with his boyfriend. Thinking about that my heart skipped a beat, imagining Kim with another girl is a horror story! It just so happen that the guy he told me about before is now my boyfriend. But I'm determined to help her move on from him. I've never felt this way towards someone, Kim made me want to do things I haven't tried before. He made me want to be selfish; to keep him only for myself. And he made me want to trust and believe in him. Every single rule that I have in myself were all changed. He is the only exception in this world that I have no control over. I know that it's still early to say this, but I want our relationship to last.

The rest of the gang are busy with the preparation of the wedding, from today... Only 4 days before their actual wedding. I saw Yam checking the venue near the shore, she's alone so it's my opportunity to talk to her.

"Hey!"
I approached her.

"Oh, hi Pie!"
She greeted me.

"Just a few more days and you will be Mrs. Burnaphan! How do you feel?"
I asked.

She smiled a bit. I can feel that she's thinking about something, then my eyes grew wider. Oh my! Kim is also a Burnaphan!!!!!! Gosh Pie, you're not helping tsk! I hope that it is not what she's thinking about.

"When will aunt and uncle be here?"
I asked changing the topic.

"2 days from now...if ever."
I almost didn't here the last few words.

So she's having second thoughts, this is bad.

"Yam! Can I ask you something?"

She continued what she's doing.

"Haven't you asked me a few already?"
She said smiling.

"Hehe, yeah you're right. Uhh... I know about you and Kim. "

She suddenly stopped what she's doing. She faced me, her expression is blank I can't see anything from her reaction. Then her face became clearer to read, she looks sad.

"I'm sorry Pie, I wasn't able to let you know. I also got surprised that he is your boyfriend. I don't know how to tell you."
She explained.

"It's OK, I understand. But I also heard your conversation last night. I kind of heard that you still.. Uhh.. You know..."
I can't say the words, I might broke into tears. Thinking of it, already pained me.

"That I still love him?"
She continued.

I nodded.

"This is really awkward Pie, But I owe you the truth. You know how hurt I'am when I left him right? I loved him so much, I'm lifeless without him. But I got hurt so bad, I know that I've assumed on things and that I didn't trust him enough. But if you were on my shoes that time you might do the same thing. "
She reason out.

"You are getting married Yam! Don't you love Mike?And Kim is my boyfriend now!"

"I do!"
She quickly answered.

"Then why are you doing this? Why are you hesitating now?"
My voice kind of became loud.

I don't get her, what does she wants?

She remained silent.

"Tell me Yam! What do you really want to happen?"
The level of patience that I have left suddenly dropped. I wanted to know here reason.

Yam POV

When Pie asked  if I love Mike I told her the truth. I mean I really love him, but not as much as I love Kim. I met Mike on the flight back to MNL, that is when Kim and I broke up.

I decided to go back home. I don't want to talk to anyone that time but he kept on talking to me, I put on my shades and slept. When I woke up he smiled and greeted me.

"Good morning! Did you have a nice sleep?"

I'm still ignoring him. Until we landed, I don't have time to talk with anyone. He tried to talk to me and catch with my walking pace but I did my best to avoid him. I thought that it will be the last time that I'll see him, but one of my friend happened to be his friend as well. So one time that my friend JD and I met, we saw him and he asked JD things about me and my number. He is really persistent, waiting outside my office to fetch me everyday. Soon my friends keep on telling me to give him a chance, I saw how determined he is and his kindness is just too much to ignore. So I gave him a chance and that's how we end up together.

I woke up with my little day dreaming, when Pie started snapping her fingers in front of me.

"Are you OK?" She asked.

"Uhh.. Yeah, sorry about that."

I was about to say something, but suddenly our friends came near us and asked if we're done because they are already starving. We weren't able to finish our talk.

Let's save it for later Pie, I said in my mind.

--> Hello! I just want to say Hi! to one of my reader/friend Otesca! She's mad at me because of Yam's behavior. Don't get mad at me Ote, try scolding Yam :D

Thanks for reading and voting! Please continue to support this story :)