Chapter 21: Extended

PIE POV

Kim told me that they missed the last trip going back.  Now I'm pacing back and forth in my room.

"What are you doing?"
Puey suddenly came inside the room.

"Kim wouldn't be able to go back tonight!"
I said worriedly.

"What? why?"

"They missed the last trip and the first trip tomorrow will be at 9am. Puey, I'm really worried."
He went near me an held my arms.

"Listen Pie, Don't worry. Nothing bad will happen."
He's assuring me.

"But... What if.."
He cut me off.

"Stop being paranoid and trust Kim, OK?"

I just took a deep breath, Puey is right! Nothing bad will happen. Sigh..I really hope so.

YAM POV

The truth is I already told Mike that Kim is my ex. I was really nervous on how will he react, I'm prepared with some scolding. But what he did is really unexpected.

>Flashback<

After the incident with the plastic cups and ice cubes. Mike must have felt the change in my attitude. So the following day..

It's early in the morning and we were about to grab breakfast.

"Are you alright?"
He asked, we were alone. Everyone went ahead to the restaurant.

I just smiled at him.

"I know that something is bothering you, will you mind telling me? Or are you perhaps having second thought about our wedding? It's OK just tell me now so I can still have 50% refund. Hahaha"

He was supposed to be joking but I couldn't control it. Tears stream down my cheeks, he pull me away from where the others are.

"Come on Yam! I promise that I won't get mad."
He's smiling at me as if giving me an assurance.

"Looking at you like that makes me even want to not let you know."
I'm feeling really guilty now, he's such a good man.

"It's about Kim.. You see Mike.."
Then I told him the entire story.

I looked at her eyes, it's expressionless! I see nothing from his dark brown eye, he let me tell everything. He just nod and looked at me the entire time. When I'm done telling him everything....

"I see.. So that's how it is."
He said calmly.

"Aren't you mad?"
I asked, I mean not telling him right away and all is like I lied the entire time.

"Nope, but I'm really sad. My brother has gone through a lot this past years. And so are you, I know both of you got hurt badly; I've witnessed it. And the reason is just unacceptable! That misunderstanding ruined your lives."
He looks upset, we were silent for a few minutes then finally..

"I wanted to give you two one last chance."

"W-what do you mean?"

He came up with this idea that I should talk to Kim, just the two of us and resolve our issue. So that's why he sent us to some errands to go to the "mall" that is 5-6 hours trip. He said that he'll give me this one last chance to figure out if I still really love Kim or if I will proceed with marrying him. I didn't agree at first, but he said that he doesn't want to be selfish, he knows very well how much I loved his brother and he witness how his brother nearly end his life because of what happened. This is the only time the he will be unselfish with his love. So before we rode the bus early today he whispered something to me...

"Don't worry about me... I want you to follow your heart! When you don't come on the day of our wedding I'll perfectly understand. But it doesn't mean that I'll stop loving you. What ever your decision maybe, I will accept it with all my heart. Always remember that I love you!"

He was smiling while saying that. Oh God! What did I do to deserve such a good person? He never did anything to hurt me, but I kept on hurting him always. But as he said, this time, I will become selfish. I have to know what I really feel.

>End of Flashback<

The entire day that we spent here I wasn't able to make progress with Kim. He's really aloof and is always busy thinking of what to buy for my cousin Pie. The time that we missed the last trip going back was unintentional that's when I though, this might have been the chance that I'm given... To sort things out with him. It's now or never.

*inhale*

*exhale*

... Wait for the next part :D

Sorry I wasn't able to update recently. I got sick and all, not that quite OK yet but I wanted to atleast post something. I'll try my best to do the next one. Please vote and comment :)

(^-^)v