Chapter 17 - Moving forward

KIM POV

Mike and I went to the restaurant that will cater for their wedding. We're now on our way to where the others are.

The first person I thought of finding is Pie. The moment I saw her I can't help myself but smile. I called on her.

"Pie!"

She looked at my way and smiled widely, she ran to where I am. Just like in the movies where the lead actors saw each other for the first time. She threw herself on me and I held her close while spinning around. I don't know why but eventhough we were together last night, I really missed her so much.

"I missed you!"
I whispered to her ears.

"Me too, I missed you."

We're looking at each other in the eyes when...

"Tsk tsk.. These lovers don't even know how to hold back. Are you the ones getting married?"
Puey being sarcastic again.

We broke our hug but still holding hands.

"You're just jealous! Go find your own man!"
Pie is teasing him.

"Whatever! Just continue being lovey dovey, don't mind us singles here."
He continued what he's doing.

We laugh at him. Unexpectedly I saw Yam in the corner of my eyes, she's looking at us with a really sad expression. Pie felt it too because she gave my hand a light squeeze. I looked at her and her face is telling me that everything will be alright. I smiled and nodded at her.

We are all eating outside the villa, it's not that hot even if it noon.  I had to go inside to get some ice cubes. I'm in the kitchen when Yam suddenly came.

"I'm just going to get some cups."
She said.

"Uhh, yeah.. Sure I'll get it for you how many do you need?"
I asked.

"Four would do."
She answered.

I'm about to get the cups when she spoke.

"I'm gonna tell Mike about us."

I froze.

"Why are you doing this?"
I'm getting pissed, she's being unreasonable since last night.

"I feel guilty, I don't want to lie to him."

My head heated up.
"You're the one who told me not to let him know. And now you're going to tell him even if it means risking your relationship? What do you want to get from this Yam?"

"I told you Kim, I still love you!"
She says it like its not complicated at all.

I finally faced her.

"Damn it Yam! We are over! 2 years ago, lets just move on with our lives. You have Mike and I have Pie, can we just please be brothers and sisters from now on?"

I saw how her tears fell down from her eyes. I loved this woman for a long time and seeing her cry hurts me. But I have to be stern, I love Pie and my brother so even if it's hard I have to push her away.

"I hurt you Kim! And I'm so sorry for being stupid and for not trusting you. But God knows how hurt I was! I don't even know how to live my life during those time. I can't eat, I don't even get enough sleep, I just lay down on my bed all the time thinking what I did wrong to deserve such hurtful thing. My family felt like I'm a living dead, you're my world Kim. When we broke up.. My entire life got all messed up."

Hearing it from her made me remember what I've gone through. I even thought of ending my life because I planned everything in my future with her. So that moment she left me I also lost my future. Tears run down my eyes without warning.

"What happened with us Yam?"
I asked shutting my eyes close, I just felt like consuming myself into space.

"I'm sorry Kim! This is all my fault."

"Please Yam! Stop this! Forget everything from the past. Because I already did, so it's your turn now. Just forget about me and move forward. "
I got the Ice and headed outside.

I'm sorry Yam, but we both have to do this.

> Hoping for something great to happen :)

Please vote and comment :) Thanks :D