Lunch Buddy.

I sigh as I unwrap my sandwiches. Yet another day that I eat alone.

I transferred to this school a month ago and no one paid any attention to me. I grab an apple and take a bite while I look around.

The tables are full of people and I can see the groups that are formed. Sports, cheerleaders, art people, music people, you know the drill.

I grab my book and take another bite of my apple.

The sun is shining bright but suddenly I see a shadow on the pages of my book.

I look up and see a guy standing in front of me.

"You need anything?" I ask a bit more grumpy than I meant to.

"No, not really." the guy says with a sweet voice.

I look back at the pages of my book and mention that he's still standing there. I look up again and see him smile. The smile reveals his dimples and I take a good look at him.

His eyes are green and he's got dirty-blonde hair. He's kinda cute but it creeps me out that he's just standing in front of me.

"Well?" I ask again.

"I couldn't help noticing that you're eating alone. I've seen you around a few times and you always eat alone. How come?" he asks politely.

I shrug, "I don't know, people probably don't notice me. You tell me."

He smiles, "I notice you. I noticed you from the beginning actually... Can I sit next to you?"

I nod, he sits down next to me and grabs his lunch bag. He looks at me and smiles again. I blush.

After a few minutes, the school bell rings and I get up. I feel that the guy grabs my hand and I turn to him.

"What's your name?" he asks.

"[Y/N]",  I say, "What's yours?"

"Nice name! I'm Kendall." he says with a smile, "Hey let's do this every day, if you're okay with that?"

I smile and nod, "Sure, I'll see you tomorrow then!"

Kendall gives my hand a little squeeze, smiles and walks off.

I smile and think: 'maybe this school isn't so bad after all!'