Best birthday present ever!

I'm sitting on the couch in our new house.

My husband Kendall and I recently bought a new house, because we were thinking about starting a family together.

I pet the cat and two dogs as they walk by, chasing each other a little.

Today's actually Kendall's birthday, but his work is so important that he didn't want to take the day off.

I saw him briefly before he went off to work and now I'm flipping through a cookbook to see what kind of cake I'm going to bake today.

Kendall always likes to celebrate his birthday big time, but for today I only asked him to invite his family and closest friends.

I've made my choice and go to the grocery store to get all the supplies I need for my cake.

The cake's easy to make, so I quickly put it in the oven and call James, one of Kendall's friends, to ask him to help me decorate the house.

I hear a hard knock on the door and let James in.

He gives me a hug and smiles.

"So, no big ass party this year?' he asks me with a smile.

I shake my head, "Nope, he needs to learn how to party decent too!"

James chuckles and I hand him a bag full of balloons.

We're decorating the house for about an hour now.

"I think Kendall will be back soon, can you quickly sent everyone a message, so they will be here on time?" I ask James as I tape on the last garlands.

He nods and grabs his phone.

About half an hour later, everyone is here and I get them all a piece of cake.

Kendall's parents and brothers are happy to see me, because I haven't had the time to visit them since Kendall and I moved.

I see Dustin, Carlos, James and Logan arranging all the presents that everyone brought and I smile.

"Did you already give him his gift?" Kathy asks me.

I smile, "Oh no. But I will after you all gave yours."

I see her quickly taking a look at me, stops briefly at my stomach and she smiles.

She's onto it, I know that.

I hear a car driving on the parking lot.

Kendall already knows everyone's here, so as soon as he opens the door he smiles and greets everyone.

I hand him a piece of cake and I get a kiss in return.

"Thanks, babe." he says with a smile.

Carlos is about to burst and yells: "Come one, Kendall. Open your presents!"

Kendall chuckles and grabs the nearest gift.

After opening everything, he thanks his family and friends and gives a little speech.

"Do you want my little present now?" I say as he walks towards me with a big smile on his face.

I see that everyone is coming closer to us and is curious.

Kendall nods and I give him an envelope with the name of our hospital on it.

He frowns, opens it and reads it.

I don't really know where to look so I stare at Kendall and see that he's getting the hint.

He beams and whispers, "We're having a baby?"

I smile nervously and nod.

I see that Kathy's getting tears in her eyes, but the rest didn't hear what Kendall whispered.

Kendall presses a gently kiss on my lips and turns to the rest,

"We're having a baby!"

----------------------------------------------------

Ohmyglob, I haven't wrote a one shot in months :P

Anyone has a request?

(I'm currently not doing personalized ones though!)