Chapter 3: Kins and Kings

『SKYLER』

It’s been two hours since we were thrown in this dull, boring detention room. I was silently sitting on an armchair, tapping my fingers while Sapphire was busy indulging herself in the book she was reading—Boy Meets Girl.

My mind is filled with numerous thoughts right now. I am not naïve, not know that someone is playing on me, on us. All these scenarios aren’t just a piece of coincidence. It was all planned.

With Sapphire having Ice’s face, the cryptic woman with a hoodie having Reina’s face—it was all like a deceitful game.

“You bored?” I asked.

Nakita ko ang mabilis n’yang pag-irap sa ‘kin kasabay ang pagsara niya sa libro. Nang harapin niya naman ako’y mabilis niyang isinaludo sa aking gitmang daliri niya dahilan ipang matawa ako.

“I am in hell with Satan’s successor. Who wouldn’t be bored?” She hissed.

Nilapat ko ang kamay ko sa aking dibdin at umaktong para akong nasaktan kaya muli niya akong inirapan at binuksan librong binabasa niya.

Hell, Satan, huh? I bitterly smiled and remembered something awful—the Seven Kins of Purgatory.

Long ago, the Seven Kins of Purgatory was introduced to the Demigods Academy; not only was it relevant for us to know them, but because of a certain transfer student from 10 years ago.

The Seven Kins of Purgatory or the seven demons reigning the Dark Continent were said to be the most disgusting beings, for they live in the endless darkness along with curses they hold. They are invulnerable in their continent, for not a single demigod can use their blessings in that land.

Yet, in the hands of the king vessels, they are just like us—a being that can be killed. A Seraphim can also hurt the Kins, or if they set foot in different continents, but not Satan, for he is the real king of the Kins, an invulnerable demon that can only be cut down by a king vessel.

But… King Vessels are rare. They are no longer exposed by our people, ever since Tita Savannah claimed her dream and introduced the Princess Selection System. Though some of them still do exist, it was only the King Vessel System that was eradicated.

Hence, King Vessels are still born; they came from the royalties, making their blood to be more powerful than normal demigods or even princesses. And it was believed that, King Vessels were demigods that were blessed by Rhea, the mother of all gods, in order to overthrow the ungodly kings.

Ginala ko ang mga mata ko dahil sa pagkabagot hanggang sa makita ko ang isang transparent na vase na may lamang tubig. Wala sa sarili kong nilaro ito hanggang sa umapaw ang tubig habang lumulutang ito.

“Fucking Hell!” Nawala agad ang focus ko nang sumigaw si Sapphire dahilan upang mabilis na lumubog ang tubig.

Kasama ko nga pala siya.

Nakangiwi ko siyang nilingon, ang mga mata niya’y nanlalaki habang nakatingin sa vase. Nang humarap siya sa akin, ang nakakatawang mukha niya dahil sa takot na para bang may nakita siyang multo ang bumungad sa akin.

Sa loob ng Shier University, pinagbabawal sa mga demigods ang pag gamit ng mga blessings maliban na lamang kung binigyan kami ng mga mission.

And since we are attending a university in the realm of the mortals, Dad introduced us to the Bulletin Archive, a system for us to follow if we wanted to be outside the university and use our blessings.

The quest scale depends on three codes: Flavus, the easiest type of mission and can be finished by a single demigod. Next is Lividus, the average type of mission. A mission that can is done with two to four demigods within a day or two. And lastly, Croceus, the hardest mission finished by an entire section categorize by the class system in the Demigods Academy because it can be done for weeks or even months.