Chapter 4: The Cerulean Copy

『SKYLER』

I closed my eyes and heaved a sigh as I laid my back on the tree. Yesterday was a bummer, especially that Zeus Section got Croceus Mission. Dad proposed a mission in search of Tita Savannah. To be honest, I don’t know what’s the Queen’s connection to the Echidna, but I shrugged the thought of knowing that Dad will never tell the reason why.

Yet, even though it was a bummer that Primus Section didn’t get it. I am still thankful because I can investigate the two women invading my mind right now.

And aside from that, the Zeus Section will surely finish the mission in no time, especially that she’s back after what happened at the Grand Olympian Games three years ago, two months before Ice’s arrival to Demigods Academy.

The girl who I admired but broke my heart.

The girl who possessed a captivating beauty and eyes.

The strongest member of Zeus Section…

Sabrina Anderson, the daughter of Goddess of Beauty and Love.

And when I saw her yesterday, the affection I’ve felt back then was longer throbbing within. I was at bliss as I looked at her like I looked at the others, no affections nor drooling, just nothing.

And it was because of a woman, not a girl.

The woman who unintentionally broke my heart.

The woman who sacrificed herself to claim the ethereal peace for us.

“Sky?” Inangat ko ang aking ulo’t nakita si Sue na nakatitig lamang sa akin. “Umiiyak ka ba?”

Wala sa sarili akong napahawak sa pisnge ko na ikinatawa niya dahil walang kahit anong luha ro’n. Masyado yata akong lutang para mahulog sa katangahan niya.

“Shut up, dumbass.” I hissed.

She laughed and sat beside me, resting her head on my shoulder. “Are you affected by your ex-girlfriend?” she asked.

“Stop joking around, Clarkson. We both knew that she wasn’t my ex,” I mumbled. Mahina akong tumawa’t sinandal ko sa ulo niya ang ulo ko. “But I heard she was your best friend…”

“Yikes!” Sue grimaced. “Naiisip ko pa lang ‘yong sinasabi mo’y nasusuka na agad ako.”

I playfully ruffled her hair and pinched her cheek. Other than Serena, I see Sue as my little sister. We’ve been spending our lives with each other for a long time, and if destiny gives me a chance to pick my sisters—I will definitely pick both of them.

But speaking of Serena…

“Hindi ko nakita sa meeting kahapon sina Serena, Aizen at Aizelle. Alam mo ba kung nasaan sila?” Tanong ko.

“I don’t know… pero ang alam ko, niyakag ni Aizelle na gumala ‘yong mga ‘yon kasi umiiwas siya kay Light.”

Tumango-tango ako. “Are you still affected by Phoenix and Aizelle’s relationship?”

“Yeah… even though Phoenix is assuring me all the time that nothing is going on between them,” she whispered. Marahan kong sinuklay ang buhok niya habang nakatingin pa rin sa unahan. “Phoenix is my boyfriend. But it feels like he’s hiding so much from me, especially when it comes to Aizelle and their real relationship.”

After that, we stayed silent for a while until she lovingly wrapped both of her arms in my arm. I was about to speak when I suddenly heard her silent weep.