Chapter 5: The Other Lockser

『SKYLER』

“What the hell…”

I looked at him with disbelief. And to be honest, I didn’t know how to react to his unrealistic statement—like I’m too you to be his father, not only that, but I can tell that we’re just in the same age, and for Poseidon’s sake, I am still a living virgin!

I twisted my lips when I remembered Sue’s words, she saw her freaking daughter, and now, someone’s claiming as his father. The fuck is going on right now?

“Skyler the Great… that is—”

“Most demigods knew about that name. I won’t—”

His cerulean eyes glimmered along with the appearance of a mischievous smirk in his face. “Bakit hindi ko na lang ipakita sa’yo ang blessing ko para maniwala ka sa ‘kin?”

“I’ll agree with that, but this place cancels out every demigod’s blessing,” I said.

Nagkibikit-balikat lamang siya’t may kinuha sa kanyang bulsa, isang maliit na bote iyon na kasing laki lamang ng palad, puno iyon ng mga kulay pulang bilog na candy.

“These are Exo-Balls, and with this, I can use my blessings in places like your dormitory,” he explained. And without any hesitation, he ate one of the candies called Exo-Balls. “Any place that demigods cannot use their blessings… any place.” He repeated as if he was emphasizing behind those words.

And before I could even react, the room suddenly became eerier and heavier as he concentrated. All the water around us slowly gathered on the top of his palm, leisurely forming a small sphere.
His cerulean eyes glimmered along with the water in his command. As I focused on him, his cerulean eyes changed into the color of a crystal, so is the water, slowly freezing until it became a shine marble.

Walang kahit anong salita ang lumabas sa aking bibig, hindi pa rin ako makapaniwala. Ayoko rin na tanggapin na lamang basta ang lahat pero… kamukha niya kasi si Ice. Bukod do’n ay nagawa niyang gamitin ang blessing ko’t parehas din kami ng kulay ng mga mata.

O sadyang may anak lamang sa ibang tao si Poseidon na hindi ko alam? Pero ano naman ang explanation sa blessing na katulad ng kay Ice?

“So?” He asked.

“I don’t know what to say. This is kind of weird.”

“Dude—”

I squinted my eyes at him. “I thought I was your father? Why are you calling me dude, then?”

“Oh… about that.” He paused and pursed his lips as if he was suppressing his laughter. “Ayaw mong tinatawag kay Daddy kaya ang tawag namin sa’yo ni Winter ay dude.” Winter, huh? I think that’s a cute name for a girl.

“Tell me why.”

“Ain’t nothin’ but a heartache…” He suddenly sang.

I squinted my eyes, “I said, tell me why.”

“Ain’t nothin’ but a mistake.” He continued, making me frown because he was trying his best to lure me into singing, especially that this is my favorite song.

“Tell me why… I never want to hear you say.” I sang, actually giving in to the temptation. He suddenly gave me a thumbs up as we both sang along.

“I want it that way…”

Nag-apir pa kami matapos ang napakaganda naming performance. Ang ang kaninang ilangan ay naglaho na lamang bigla dahilan upang harapin ko siyang muli ng seryoso. “So, mind telling me why?”