Chapter 21: Nereids Sanctuary

『SKYLER』

The lovely scent of sea lingered in our noses, seducing us with the fresh fragrance of the saltwater. And beyond the dark passage, a brilliant cerulean light caught our attention, along with soft, melodious voices coming from the end. Our feet sunk deep in the mulch, following the trail of the harmonious voices.

And now that we are a mile away from Ice, my heart wouldn’t stop from thumping. Malapit na ako, Ice. Saglit na lang maiiuwi na kita.

Wala sa sarili akong napahawak sa aking bulsa at dahan-dahan na nanlaki ang mga mata ko nang maramdaman ko ang isang maliit na container do’n. Tangina! Muntik ko na malimutan.

“Guys, saglit!” Nang tumigil sila, isa-isa ko silang binigyan ng Exo-Balls dahilan upang magtakha sila. “Kainin niyo ‘yan.”

“What’s this?” Celine asked.

I avoided her eyes and nervously thought of an excuse. I can’t tell her the truth. I can’t just tell that it was a medicine from the future made by our children, who were currently jamming their past.

“Pampatalino—” hindi pa man ako tapos magsalita ay inabot na agad ni Light ang kanyanng Exo-Ball kay Phoenix.

Tang—

“Hindi ko kailangan na’n. Sa’yo na lang, Phoenix.”

Inis ang tawang pinakawalan ni Phoenix habang nakaawang ang bibig niya kay Light, “Bobo ba ako?”
“Gusto mo bang sagutin ko ‘yan?”

“I will gladly answer it for you, Phoenix.” Celine grinned.

And before this became much worse, I cleared my throat and took an Exo-Ball to show them that it is not harmful, “This is a medicine that could allow us to use our blessing in the Dark Continent.”

“Really?” Phoenix asked, and immediately took his pill, “Who discovered it?” Tangina. Nakakatalino nga. Ano namang isasagot ko?

“It’s probably Tita Alexis… you know how her brain works, right?” Aizelle interrupted. Hulog naman talaga ng langit ang isang ‘to.

Sumang-ayon naman ako sa sagot ni Aizelle. Nang inumin na nila ang kanya-kanyang Exo-Balls, muli kaming nagpatuloy sa paglalakad. Kailangan muna naming makarating sa Nereids Sanctuary bago kami tuluyan na makarating sa Dark Continent.

The Nereids Sanctuary is guarded by Nereus and Doris’s fifty daughters; they are sea nymphs that are committed to helping the sailors and adventurers on their voyage. And because of the sacred laws, not all of them are in the sanctuary. The nereids are taking turns who’ll stay here and who’ll aid the sailors.

Even though they were born as children of a Titan, a pact made from the past, after the era of the Rule-Breakers was made. In short, Nereus, Doris, and the Nereids sided with the Olympians and joined the strict sacred laws of Zeus.

“Holy Styx…” Xian mumbled, feasting his eyes in the current scenery, “This is so… magical.”

“Xian, we are officially welcoming you to the world of the Sorcerers.” Sue smiled.

In front of us, a massive sphere of water with a part of the Lost City of Atlantis with Nereids giggling, singing, and surfing around with their colorful tails. I flashed a smirk at them upon seeing their amazed expression while looking at the humungous silver gate with pink dolphins guarding it.

“Skyler!” A familiar voice echoed, along with the sound of the gate being opened hammering around, “Skyler!”

Nakangiwi kong hinarap ang tumatawag sa akin habang pinagmamasdan ng mga kasama ko ang gate, walang kahit anong lumabas na tubig sa sphere kahit na bukas na bukas na iyon.