Chapter 11: Thy Eyes, Thy Woman

In the last gleam of heaven’s eye, its final rays kiss to the fragile, dusty collection of an enigmatic woman. The woman gazes from afar as she touches one of her favorites. And along with bitter remorse, agony and despair devour her forest-like eyes, hissing as the sun finally bid goodbye.

Tik. Tok. Tik. Tok.

“Revenge is all I seek…” the woman thought, imprinting a certain face in her mind, for she fears no one, not the king of the jungle, not even the gods.

“And now, I hold one of them…” The woman uttered, smirking.

Her pique eyes roam around, skimming through her cold, irreplaceable collections until it lands to her newfound preys. Their horrified looks prickle a sensation within her, remembering the unsightly memory of yesterday.

Tik. Tok. Tik. Tok.

To her, the demigods, no matter what kind, are dreadful products of the overruling gods, for they act as puppets in the desire of their masters.

But her bitterness doesn’t remain nonsense. She loathed the gods, especially the wielder of the sea and the clever one. Her wrath, her agony, and despair were the fruit of their unyielding punishment.

“I…”

“I do not deserve any of these… but those fools deserve nothing from this world.”

Tik. Tok. Tik. Tok.

Her eyes wander around the room, thinking and remembering who holds the most enchanting eyes of all. A hiss escapes her mouth as she thinks of the most beloved demigod of all.

“Princess Aicelyn Hailey Lean… I want to see her eyes, those crystal eyes.”

Tik. Tok. Tik. Tok.

Isang malamig ba halakhak ang kumawala sa kanyang mga labi kasabay ang pagharap niya sa isang salamin, pinagmamasdan ang kanyang repleksyon. Ang kanyang kamay ay dahan-dahan na hinaplos ang pisnge n’ya, inaabot ang kanyang mga mata.

“Those poor demigods… those insightful being in this generation doesn’t even know the meaning of their eyes… how unfortunate,” aniya kasabay nito ang pagkubra ng isang ngiti sa kanyang labi. “How cunning Lockser…”

Agad na nandilim ang mga mata n’ya nang muli niyang mabanggit ang lalaking dahilan kung bakit pilit niyang tumakas sa kulungan niya, ang dahilan kung bakit pumunta siya sa panahong ito.

“Poseidon, Athena, Garet, Alexis… I will rob everything away from you…” she thought.

Tik. Tok. Tik. Tok.

“Who shall taste my wrath first?” The woman asked, looking in the reflection as she set her eyes to the man behind him.

“Unahin mo ang pinakamahina ngayon sa Primus Section,” sagot ng lalaki sa kanyang tanong. “H’wag mo munang puntiryahin ang grupo nina Master Garet—”

“Don’t you dare address him in front of me, Son of Nemesis!”

Ngunit imbes na matakot dito si Bristol, humalakhak siya’t pilit iniiwasan ang mga mata ng kanyang kasama dahil hindi niya nais matulad sa mga kasama niya ngayon sa silid na kinalalagyan nila.

“Serena Brinleigh Undersea… Daughter of Poseidon, hindi ba’t isa siya sa gusto mong gantihan?”

“You are right. Let’s start with her.”