Chapter 38: Last Grail of Hope

『SKYLER』

The thunderous voices of the demigods rumbled; the last day of the Grand Olympian Games is always the rowdiest day of the week. Tomorrow will be the awarding and the Demigods Festival. And today, the most-awaited awaited will be held— the Tag Battle and the Clash of the Demigods.

Aizelle and Phoenix had been nowhere to be founded since we woke up. Meanwhile, Aizen couldn’t stop grinning like a retard, and it seemed like his first participation in Clash of the Demigods really got him to be in his extreme mood. Especially since it has always been Sue’s spot.

The Tag Battle will begin soon, but somehow I do not have the urge to walk faster to the arena. Hindi ba masyadong tahimik ang buwan na ‘to? Nang makauwi si Ice, naging tahimik at payapa lang ang mga buhay namin, it was like the calm before the storm vibe.

Dahan-dahan akong tumigil sa puno na akala ko’y huling habilin ni Riley sa amin. I thought, it was his last grail of hope, the reason why I planted it. Pero nang makita ko siya sa Labyrinth, maraming katanungan ang biglaang sumulpot sa aking isipan.

A grail of hope, huh?

With Riley’s help, we were able to move the tree to our world. He planted it with care at the back of the Demigods Academy, where all of nature’s delight could be easily embraced. And as the sun shone, the leaves glistened a peculiar light. It may be because of the difference between our world to humans since the tree has never bloomed so magical like this in their world.

My eyes squinted; those who possess awesome vision like Xian could easily see them. Akala ko’y mula sa araw ang kakaibang liwanag na nakukuha ng puno, but to my surprise it was not. Golden fireflies were dancing around it; their bulb was sprinkling speckle of dust around the tree—just like the tree, we found in Mt. Seraphyl.

“Are you curious?” Gulat akong lumingon sa gilid ko, nakangiti lamang si Tito Dark habang nakatingin sa puno. “Hindi man masyadong halata pero palaging nag-kekuwento sa ‘kin si Light. Nabanggit niya sa ‘kin ang biglaan mong pagkakaroon ng interes sa Gaelic Language nang pumunta kayo sa Mt. Seraphyl, ngunit wala kang sinabi sa kanila tungkol sa bagay na iyon.”

“The fairies were singing…”

“Singing?”

“After three years, she will rise, she will rise… ‘cause the other half was planted, was planted. And now we will fetch the right-hand man, the right-hand man.”

Tito Dark chuckled, “Hmm… that’s why Lavander and Tulips arrived in the Underworld.”

“Underworld?” Nagtatakha kong tanong.

“Have Serena told you that Underworld became a big mess? If not, then… out of nowhere, Beelzebub appeared in front of Poseidon and Hades. We were all under control of his curse, but… Lavander and Tulips came and saved us by teleporting us to Mt. Seraphyl, but the Gods disappeared before they could be teleported.”

Tahimik ko lamang siyang pinagmasdan. Simula noong sabihin sa amin nina Ice ang tungkol sa tunay na prophecy, palagi akong napapaisip tungkol sa biglaang pagkawala ng mga Gods. Silang labing-apat lamang ang nawala, nandito pa rin sina Erebus sa mundong ito kaya’t alam kong hindi apektado ang lahat ng d’yos at d’yosa sa kung ano man ang nangyari sa kanila.

Alam kong marami pa akong hindi nalalaman, pero bakit sa sobrang dami ng tanong, napaka-unti ng kaya kong sagutin?

“You know, Sky… when the Rule-Breakers was made, we all didn’t know that this friendship would last.” Tito Dark smiled a delighted one. He then looked at me and said, “Because just like you… Garet was the man we were chasing.”

“Ha…”

“Garet was chasing Alexis… just like you were chasing Ice that you didn’t know the people around you were also chasing you.”

Wala sa sarili akong napangiti. Sa totoo lang, hindi nagagawang magtanong kay Mama nang tungkol sa i-storya nila ni Papa. I know it was precious, but then, I also know that I was the reason they waited years to have each others arms again.

“I have always been curious about them— mama and papa,” I whispered.

“Yet, you are afraid to ask?” He asked. I nodded, “You are wrong, Sky. Hindi ikaw dahilan kung bakit naudlot ang mayroon sila, instead, it was you who made them stronger. Garet was the one who named you, the one who took care of you, not because he felt responsible… it was because he saw you as his own.”

Nanatili lamang akong nakatingin kay Tito Dark. Sa kanilang lahat na magkakaibigan, hindi ko inaasahan na sa kanya ko ito maririnig. He seemed elusive, just like his son. Pero katulad ni papa, isa rin siyang ama, at hindi lamang basta-basta ang mga binibitawan niyang mga salita.

“Thank you…”

Tito Dark ruffled my hair, “You have your mother’s wits, and thankfully you didn’t inherit her sharp tongue.”

“Are you trash-talking my mother in front of me?”

Mas lalong tumawa si Tito Dark at nagkibit-balikat, “Well… sabihin na natin na ganoon. I’ll be a dead meat kung maririnig niya ako. After all, she is scarier than Artemis.”

“Really?”

“Artemis’s cold attitude?” Tito Dark smirked, “It was nothing to your mother. Those two fought back then, audience pa kami noon ni Garet.”

And now… I am more curious about the Rule-Breakers and their story.

“I have always been curious… who’s the strongest in the Rule-Breakers, was it Artemis?”

“Well… we have a different meaning of strong, so I’ll just tell you who I see as the strongest. For Glifford, and Freya, it will always be Garet, but for Alyssa and Savannah, it is Artemis. Yet, in my eyes, it always be your mother.”

“Why do you admire my mother so much?”

“Because she has the braveness that I have been longing for. She weakened Kronos in her most grievous taste. She sacrificed her life to give birth to the most powerful spell that every demigod could wield. And… the Rule-Breakers would be nothing without her.”

“Akala ko ba si papa ang dahilan kung ba’t nagkaroom ng Rule-Breakers.”

“Technically, he is.”

“Then?”

He smiled. “Who do you think he was chasing when we all met?” My mother.

Isang ngiti lamang ang nasagot ko sa kanya, after all, the answer was already obvious. The Rule-Breakers, huh? Sa halos lahat ng libro, nabanggit ang unang pangalan ng bawat miyembro nila maging ang mga nagawa nila para sa Divine Continent nang maitayo ang Demigods Academy pero hindi makikita sa kahit anong libro ang tungkol sa i-storya nila bago nakuha ang mga bagay na mayroon sila.

…the story before the defiers claimed the Divine Continent.

Inalis niya ang tingin sa akin at malamlam niyang pinagmassan ang puno sa harapan namin. Tila ba’y kinakausap niya ito sa kanyang isipan, seryoso at sinsero. Ilang saglit pa’y muli siyang bumaling sa ‘kin at ngumiti.

“Thank you for giving her a new; the last grail of hope will be nothing without you.”

#