Chapter 39: Behind the Shattered Soul

『SKYLER』

The relentless crowd never died down; their cheers still roared even though the most-awaited event was delayed since some of the contestants were nowhere to be found, or should I say that—Aizelle and Phoenix were missing. A part of me could not stay down as if the overwhelming calmness I had been feeling since yesterday was now finally trying to storm out.

“Still no signs of them.” I heard Xian say, sweating hard.

“I have a bad feeling about this,” Celine mumbled. She anxiously roamed her sight around, “Where is Ice?”

“She went out earlier with Sabrina and the others,” I answered.

At nang marinig niya ang sagot ko, mabilis silang nagkatinginan sina Celine at Serena kasabay no’n ang pagdating nang naguguluhan na sina Ellen. Pinagmasdan nila ang puwesto namin na tila ba’y may hinahanap din sila.

“Hindi pa ba bumabalik dito sina Ice?” Tanong ni Nicole, pilit pa rin na tinatanaw ang paligid.

“And Sabrina, too?” Dylan asked.

“First, Phoenix and Aizelle are nowhere to be found. And now, you are telling me that Sabrina and Ice, too?” Riley said with disbelief. Ginala ko ang paningin ko hanggang sa makita ko ang table ng mga judges at do’n napansin ang isang kakaibang bagay.

“No, they are not the only ones missing,” I said while pointing to where I was looking at.

My father, Garet Christopher Lockser, is missing, too.

Sue nervously bit her lower lip while clenching her fist. She tried opening her mouth, but the crowd arguing in front of us was making her nervous.

“Sue,” Aizen seriously called.

Sue heaved a deep sigh and said, “Aizelle and Phoenix… they are not missing since earlier this morning. They have been gone since yesterday evening.”

“What?!” Aizen exclaimed, “Bakit ngayon mo lang sinabi sa amin?”

“Look, I do not want to meddle with their business, okay? I have been so unfair to Aizelle since the day they have grown closer to each other!”

“Fuck!” Light cursed, “Has anyone have any idea what the fuck is going on right now because honestly, I do not?”

Ellen swallowed hard. Dahan-dahan siyang lumapit kay Light saka niya malakas na hinampas ang balikat nito, “That means calm the fuck down—Yes, I can feel you questioning my action.”

“Dylan, would you mind pulling your woman away from me?”

Dylan bitterly chuckled, “Why?”

“What’s with your bitter retort? I told you I am no longer obsessed with this heartless man!”

“Really?”

“Pakisabi sa akin bakit relevant ang pag-aaway niyo habang may mga hinahanap tayo?” Nagtatakhang tanong ni Xian. Nahihiyang nag-iwas ng tingin sina Dylan at Ellen kasabay nang sunod-sunod na pagtataas ni Nicole ng kamay niya. “Do you know?”

“Yes! I know—not the relevance of their feud, but the thing that I overheard from Ice and Sabrina.”

Ellen scowled and said, “That’s it! That was what I was trying to tell earlier if it wasn’t for someone’s bitterness earlier. Ice and Sabrina were talking about a key, a contract, and the answer that Ice was trying to find for a month.”