Chapter 5

Oh your back long time no see. you sure can keep a girl waiting well I'm glad your back to see what happens in my life. Harleys life in case you forgot who the story is about. Well without rambling some more onto the story after I walked out of the hospital.

As I was walking down the hallway trying to find an exit or my friends whatever comes first. As I was walking down the hallway I started to hear some nosies of laughing and it was the laughter of one Captain Boomerang. And usually he's drinking or just hitting people but hear he is laughing.

And when I walked into the room with all of my team members they seemed to be in good spirits.

I made a beeline for Flagg who seemed to be talking to this woman who was looking at Flagg with so much love in her eyes. And you may be thinking that is wrong because he is with June.

Well news flash they broke up, because after she got that witch out of her she felt free and she wanted to do a lot of things with her career, and it was the same with Flagg. They are still friends but not a couple.

"Flagg you do know what they are." I said as soon as I got in his eyesight. "Yes I do and you were the one that said that the mission is wrong. "

"But now we have to stay here because I think The Devil knows we went a.w.o.l. Because the minute we step out of here and away from their protection we are dead, and I can't get Bruce."

And boy the minute the name Bruce left my mouth I heard a growl that shook the room, and then I felt the breath on my neck letting me know that my mate is right behind me.

"Mate who is Bruce." And even though he sounded calm you could hear the underlying in his voice letting you know that if I answered the question wrong shit will hit the fan.

But I wasn't afraid I knew he wouldn't hurt me. And I also heard something that stunned me come out of Flaggs mouth.

"Good she's got someone better than Joker."

I just gave Flagg the not now face before answering my mate who I'm trying to avoid.

"He's my pet Hyena who I miss so much." I said before turning around to face my mate. And the look of shock that was in his eyes was priceless.

"You have a pet Hyena." He asked shock still clear on his face.

I just shook my head because I started to find myself getting lost in his eyes again.

"Would that make you happy if I got him for you."

Now that shocked me because I didn't think would be willing to bring a Hyena onto his pack. I mean it's a Hyena after all.

"But how are you going to get him if I can't step out of here." I said getting really happy that I will be getting Bruce. I wonder how he will be around werewolves. I mean they are kinda of the same thing I think.

"Well I have my ways, I just need something that belongs to him."

He didn't have to say anything I just took out his ball that I carry with me.

And you may be wondering why I'm carry his favorite ball. Well when I go out I like to carry something that belongs to my baby, and when I got caught I made it into my good luck charm. Anyway getting off topic back to getting my pet back.

"But why do you need it." I asked very curious.

"Well my cousin happens to be a witch or half witch, her name is Serena by the way and she can bring your pet here. And that is why you and your team have to stay here because her magic is making it hard for anyone to find us until that damn rouge decided to call us out."

Wow he can ramble like me. And that got me thinking because he is willing to bring me Bruce even though he's an Hyena. Maybe I could give him a chance.

But before I could tell him Some girl walked in, and when her eyes set themselves on El Diablo. And what came out of her mouth shocked us all.

"Mate." Before she walked over to a very stunned and wary El Diablo.

"Well three people have a mate on our team. Boomerang said smirking at me. But I was just starring at Diablo.

And he didn't look happy, and I don't blame him because of what happen to his family because of his powers.

"Well before we can talk about all this I need a favor from you Nikki." Ryder asked taking her attention off of Diablo and that seem to make him happy.

"What can I do for you cousin." "I need to bring her pet here and this is his favorite ball." He said giving her Bruce ball.

"No problem just a simple spell."

And before I knew it Bruce popped into the room scaring Nikki and all the other werewolves including Ryder even though he knew he was a Hyena.

"Bruce." I said before I ran to him giving him a hug.

"Really a hyena is your pet." Nikki said hiding behind Ryder and he wasn't looking any better either.

"Your sure he's not vicious."

Ryder asked taking cautious steps towards Bruce and I before he was close enough to pet him.

"Don't be afraid your an Alpha after all." I said before taking his hand and putting it on Bruce head for him to pet.

Slowly but surely he started to pet him and he seemed to like it, and him because one thing that's for sure is that he didn't like Joker because everytime he was around he would growl at him. Hell he didn't even let him pet him, and Joker didn't want to pet him either.

And that my friends is when I knew that I would be making a big mistake if I didn't give this man a chance, and who am I kidding The Joker is not good for me. Then why did I fall in love with him.

Maybe it wasn't love. But I do know one thing for sure is that I need to fix myself if Ryder and I are going to work out.

"I think he likes me."

I didn't say anything I just launched myself at him and locked my lips onto him and I wasn't planning on letting go anytime soon.

I know this chapter sure ended with a surprise but I want to make sure that I wasn't going to make a wrong decision. And where I said I need to fix myself well I like how I am now I just need to bring my self esteem up that was brought down by The Joker. But hope I see you next chapter.