7

The class I had just missed was History, so I was fine missing it and everyone else said we didn't get any work. After talking to Ms. Luna I started to feel a little better but throughout the day that feeling washed away and turned into anxiety and worry. Worried for Ellie, worried that I wouldn't be able to save her, worry that she would die and her last memory of me is letting her down and breaking the most important promise in the world. That last thought got to me. If Ellie died... what would happen to me? How could I go on, she is my life. She is the reason I wake up, to see her smiling face and share every moment possible with her. But if she dies, all of that would mean nothing. I can't let it happen!

The bell rang for last period and I got my stuff and went home. I did the small amount of homework we got that day, ate, and worked on my plan. I went to bed at 9:00pm because I was going to need to get up early the next day to have the plan take action. Like 1:45 early in the morning. But this meant that I wouldn't be able to see Ellie that morning. I wasn't worried that I wouldn't see her as much as I was worried how she would react the next day. I prayed for the first time ever that night. I prayed that the plan would work out and after this was over I could see Ellie's smiling face just like before. I don't believe in religion but that night I prayed to just about every God that there was. I needed this plan to work or else it would mean death for not only Ellie, but if I got caught it could mean death for me as well.

***

I heard a gentle bip bip bip of my alarm clock, I had set it quieter than usual so I wouldn't wake up anyone else in the house. I threw on a sweatshirt and ran out the door. I got on my bike and looked at the watch on my wrist, 1:10. I had set it earlier than I though in case I didn't wake up fast enough of I procrastinated and wasted too much time. I was still dazed from lack of sleep but I pedaled as fast as I could to the school.

The guards and the principal don't get to the school until about 4:30 to 5. And they don't turn on the cameras at night, they wait until morning g to turn them on. You know, for the principal to supposedly be the smartest person ever, he is an idiot. I rode my bike to the back of the school because they always left one door open for staff and janitors to clean in the mornings. None of the staff ever come in the morning, they all make up excuses to why they were in late.

I walked thought the door and turned on the light in the pitch black hallway. I knew exactly where I was going. Room 100. The principals office. I walked through and went to a little key holder that's supposed to be for the staff as well and I pulled off one key that was clearly labeled, first office which was Mr. Sarden's office. I opened the door and started carefully looking through filing cabinets so they would remain to look untouched. I found a file that had the tab on the top labeled Thinning Day Files. I face palmed my forehead so hard you could hear the smack. How is the smartest person in the world, such an absolute idiot!? Getting in here has been a breeze because of his ignorance. You know the saying "Ignorance is bliss" well, I think this guy took it a little too seriously.

I took the file. It hadn't been touched since it was printed, I could tell by the light dust on it. I knew he wouldn't miss it. I put it in my bag and I proceeded to leave the room. I turned around to shut the door quickly and I slammed it a little too hard making an echo. I wasn't too worried until I heard someone say, "Shhhh!!!!"

Hahahahahaha!!! Another cliffhanger!!!